Lt. Commander
# 31
02-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
That's sort of why I added the second line, admitting it wasn't Star Trek. Man... some people...

Anyway, the reason I brought up EVE, despite it's dull PVE content, is because it 'feels' like a massive space environment. Their overall zone design should have served as a model to learn from and improve upon. No Star Trek game has captured the same 'space' feel that EVE has.
You do have a point.

If we could have STO gameplay (minus the turd known as sector space) with EVE's massive feel, I don't think there would be as many complaints.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-24-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't know, anybody who's ever navigated through a dynaverse map in SFC 2 or 3 has felt like "Wow, this damn thing is way too big."
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-24-2010, 04:55 PM
I can't count the number of hours my friends and I spent in SFC2 Dynaverse expanding the hunting grounds for our Mirak brothers.

That is the one thing that I have felt since beta that STO was missing. I mean you've got rival factions and pvp already. But where is the 'Look what our fleet pulled off last night. We captured that sector there.' feeling to it.

You can pvp for hours in STO and have nothing to show for it but a few tokens to spend on gear. Where is the reward in that? Where is the accomplishment?

We already have representations of borders in sector space. Just give us some sectors/systems that we can battle over in between.

Hell you could even use the hexagonal style map for all I care. It's about game play more than the sparkles.

Its even a perfect setup for additional missions. Run supplies through the blockade to help turn the planet population. Do a raid on a station to lower the sectors defense. Hell you don't even have to make all the missions pvp. (That's right I just added content for both pvp and pve.)
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Star Trek: Elite Force I & II, Starfleet Command Games, Klingon Academy for additional story lines for the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Leviathan that is a good choice. They could also learn from Elite Force.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-24-2010, 05:42 PM
I don't know... all the Star Trek games I've played have been awful. Cryptic developers know what good games are. I saw an interview on STOKED where the Cryptic dev said he took a day off to play Mass Effect 2. :p I think it's safe to say all the developers working on STO are fans of sci fi/star trek games. :p
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-24-2010, 06:01 PM
I would agree with the OP's choice, as well as 25th Anniversary. Those two games really captured the essence of Star Trek, IMO. Sadly, though if they went to something like that STO would lose about 90% of its playerbase cause "teh mishuns r hurtin ther branez"....
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSuperTrekGuy View Post
ST Bridge Commander
This game can show the Devs that they need to:
1. Make a smooth transition between the bridge and the tactical view.
2. Implement a way to have sector space on the bridge and also, fight some space battles on the bridge.
3. Add a top and bottom shield.
4. Have a full range of 3-D motion.
This is my vote as well. I loved Bridge Commander. I played the whole campaign entirely on the bridge and loved every minute of it. Made me feel like a captain on a starship in my own ST show. ^_^

In addition, I know it's probably too late to add some alternative way to control your ship via the bridge. But when I first heard of Star trek Online years ago when it was being made, I was kinda hoping it would be like a Bridge Commander MMO, but with the ability to move around your ship and have away missions.

I'm still hoping for a miracle that we get a way to travel around Sector Space via the bridge, or maybe even the unlikely: optional bridge combat in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrush View Post
This is my vote as well. I loved Bridge Commander. I played the whole campaign entirely on the bridge and loved every minute of it. Made me feel like a captain on a starship in my own ST show. ^_^

In addition, I know it's probably too late to add some alternative way to control your ship via the bridge. But when I first heard of Star trek Online years ago when it was being made, I was kinda hoping it would be like a Bridge Commander MMO, but with the ability to move around your ship and have away missions.

I'm still hoping for a miracle that we get a way to travel around Sector Space via the bridge, or maybe even the unlikely: optional bridge combat in STO.

I'd love to see a bridge view, even if just for the thrill of it as it may not be as effective in combat as the current view. Another thing that I wish the game had is voice acting for the bridge officers.