Lt. Commander
Hello All,

My Current Rank is Rear Admiral 1 and so far the only thing I've done in Memory Alpha is the mission that needed me to drop off a sample to Commander Jenna. I have hundreds of data samples that I've yet to do anything with, do I need to craft items even if I don't need the items? Do I need to craft items to progress past Commander Jenna and get the other npcs to work with me?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 06:38 PM
me too

I really don't know what I can do with all the probes and artefacts I collected. And no one give me at Memory Alpha new tasks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 06:40 PM
First you need to find the "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch"

Then speaketh

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu....

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceedest on to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it." Amen.

Either that or head over to the Starfleet Acadamy forum, there is a good guide to Mem Alpha thats in the stikies
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
Hello All,

My Current Rank is Rear Admiral 1 and so far the only thing I've done in Memory Alpha is the mission that needed me to drop off a sample to Commander Jenna. I have hundreds of data samples that I've yet to do anything with, do I need to craft items even if I don't need the items? Do I need to craft items to progress past Commander Jenna and get the other npcs to work with me?
The best thing you can do with Memory Alpha is nothing. Dont use it.

Okay having said that, yes you have to craft items even if you dont use them. The best way to move on to the next tier past Jenna is to buy about 6 phaser beam array II s at SOL. Then go back and upgrade them, sell them on the exchange, and that will unlock the next tier.

Then? I have no idea. You can visit three other researchers after that not including Jenna. But Ive never really used any of them.

Memory Alpha = Waste of time. Waste of resources. Waste of energy. If you do decide to go ahead and work with it, I wish you all the luck in the world.
Lt. Commander
# 5 I love that Movie!
02-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks for your help!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 06:45 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=97457

I really don't get why the stuff you do at memory alpha is called "crafting". You want to see what MMO crafting really is? Take a look at this guide:

http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?...&link=0&id=134
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
The best thing you can do with Memory Alpha is nothing. Dont use it.

Okay having said that, yes you have to craft items even if you dont use them. The best way to move on to the next tier past Jenna is to buy about 6 phaser beam array II s at SOL. Then go back and upgrade them, sell them on the exchange, and that will unlock the next tier.

Then? I have no idea. You can visit three other researchers after that not including Jenna. But Ive never really used any of them.

Memory Alpha = Waste of time. Waste of resources. Waste of energy. If you do decide to go ahead and work with it, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Agreed. Crafting needs to be re-engineered in STO. Don't bother with memory alpha until they fix it. It is not broken but it can be frustrating because (a) no progress bar or any progress indicator, (b) the level complexity is too shallow to enjoy crafting and (c) the value of what you crafted is less then the effort required to obtain everything you need to make them.

If you enjoy crafting, the best we have in STO is breeding tribbles. This is actually quite fun when you learn how to do it and the challenge to create the 4 rare tribble to give you that rare buff makes it interesting.