Lt. Commander
# 11
02-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextra23 View Post
i think science gets "nanite infestation" which applies nanites to the target that increase the next exploit damage.
since exploit is almost always insta vapor (except for some boss mobs and some players whom exploit dont seem to bother? is there an exploit dampening ability or something?) this ability is pretty much as useless as the engineers one.
There's a skill called "Draw Fire" that puts up a fake exposed icon over the user. It's designed to make players go "oh snap exposed enemy!" and blow their cooldowns on them only to realize they were never really exposed to begin with. I may be wrong, but I think Draw Fire also buffs their defense and their allies too. It's a great skill for pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
You will find that against higher health/resistance targets, or targets with shields, exploit does not equal instant death. (Try exploiting with a lower tier, weaker weapon.) So buffing exploit damage is always good.
It's really not that useful, as using tricorder on an enemy that's exposed will almost always kill an enemy (Even Heavy Borg Tacticals) and the buff stays active until the duration runs out. Nanites poofs after the first exploit attack on an exposed enemy. As a science officer, the fact that Tricorder Scan has a faster refresh, works for all attacks, increases damage *more* than Nanites, and more quickly targets an AoE, Tricorder is a much more useful skill. Nanites just looks neat. Oh, and it has a 3 minute cooldown. So not something you can use in every battle.

Granted,I shouldn't be complaining, as it's still a little better than Oribital.

Back on the main topic, I'm thinking the skill should be renamed: Orbital TSB (Transporter Shock Beam) or something similar. The skill looks amazing but does some of the lousiest damage I've seen. It's on par with my radiation skill (which ranked up does a whopping 6.1 damage tick for 10 seconds. Great.).
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-22-2010, 01:47 PM
I love the concept and how it looks. But it's just not that great a skill. Making it an expose power would rock.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2010, 02:37 PM
I vote for: Orbital Static Shock because thats about as much dmg/exploit it does. Kinda similar to when you drag your feet on the carpet and touch somebody.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2010, 07:51 PM
I agree with OP, would opt for Transporter Beam Stun and change it's effectiveness.

For something that seems to take forever to fire off (3-4 secs?) even on an exposed target it's always more effective to use a split beam rifle and still have time to perform another action..