Lt. Commander
# 21
02-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYXTRIBE
I see everyone complaining about everything in this game. If there were really 17000 Beta testers then why is this game so bad?

And if you were a Beta tester and did such a great job testing why are some of you complaining so much?

And did Crytic listen to you during the testing?

And why is it if you try to run anywhere in the game all you do is run into stuff that stops you? Which is my biggest complaint about the controls!!!

Whats the point in running at all?

These are general questions. They do not apply to everyone. Im not attacking the Beta testers specifiacally. Im just wondering why they did such a bad job on some things?

Thanks for any answers!
Nobody actually beta tests except maybe a handful of players. The rest just play to get a free taste of what the game will be like.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-24-2010, 04:18 PM
I just wanted to post about this. Anyone who is new AKA not a Beta tester is interested in what Beta testers have to say now. How was it during Beta Testing Etc?

Thanks for all the Input its been really good so far!!
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Honestly I just thought they'd pump out content a bit faster than they are instead of leaving me with nothing but a daily to do.

And most Beta Testers said the game wasn't ready anyways. However they had a deadline...
Deadline seems so appropo when I check the pulse of the game at the moment.

-avery
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-24-2010, 04:21 PM
they made significant changes to the game during closed beta, most of it based on feedback from the players.

sprinting, rolling, dodging out of the way of grendades and aiming (crouching) all added in due to complaints about the "stand there and fire your phaser" style we had before in ground combat.

those nice shield graphics you see, ship damage, weapons fire hitting the shield graphics, added in during closed beta due to players asking for them.

by the time we hit open it was more set in place, and only smaller things could be altered, like difficulty and bugs.

in short, yes they changed a lot of what they could and made note of many other things (i'm still wondering what happened to the "children of khan" mission i found once.. though that could have been part of the klingon augment arc i guess...) but certain core things were not going to change, like instancing. (thats not a "core problem", thats part of the design and caused by physical hardware).
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
How was it during Beta Testing Etc?
It was mostly a blast because the AI was so much freaking more challenging than it is now. At least in CB.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Im thinking maybe they tried to do to much to fast. If they were going to release this game now. It should have been for 29.99 and 10.00 per month. Then later with a huge expansion pack and better gameplay controls for ground combat Which has to be fixed or totally redone IMHO. Then maybe bump it up to 14.99 per month. If revenue to continue to keep this from crashing at all. Then a limited smaller game should have been done. Companies just need to be honest to the player base. Dont beat around the bush about things. You loose so much in profits when you delay to much.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
I see everyone complaining about everything in this game. If there were really 17000 Beta testers then why is this game so bad?

And if you were a Beta tester and did such a great job testing why are some of you complaining so much?

And did Crytic listen to you during the testing?
I was.

They didn't listen.

They lobotomized the NPCs and abandoned design premises that had been advertised since they started.

edit: Well, I take it back. They added the Kirk Roll and sprinting early on, when people howled about how abonimably dull ground combat was (what's the point of having a cover&recharge mechanic when it takes forever to lumber into cover?). They added shield impact graphics when people howled about how lousy space combat looked without them.

That's... basically it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillerSD
The answer to all your questions is .....

lol love the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference.

======
RA5
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
----------------HUH?
Really...REALLY.
/facepalm
Lt. Commander
# 30