Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
the problem is that people who play these types of games are smart and highly intellectual people and can adapt to any difficulty and we are the majority.

you lindsay are the minority who wants everything dumbed down to your level. im not surprised you died 6-12 times.

theres no tension with combat at all. i dont care how they want to achieve it, whether they write the word tension in bold letters on the screen when fighting, but they need to , or what is there now is just a waste and everyone who has played through the game which is alot of people now realises theres no challenge to combat in space or ground.

in a game like mass effect where you can save and reload, you still feel tension because you need to actively move and do things to prevent yourself from dying. in this game you just stand in the open and shoot.
Wow, resorting to insults about my gaming ability. I'm betting I've beaten more and more difficult games than you have in my 25 years playing video games. Hell, I've even beaten the original Final Fantasy and the original Dragon Warrior. You wanna talk about hard? Those games were freaking hard.

At this point in my life, I want to play games to relax. Maybe I've become accustomed to the easier games of the current generation, but I'm finding it more fun than the hours of frustration that I went through in order to beat the harder games of yesteryear.

By the way, don't kid youself. You're the minority here, not me. The majority don't want this game to be hardcore. The casual players far outnumber you. I have plenty of challenges in real life. I don't need them in my games. When I play a game, I play to relax and get my mind off challenges, not have yet more. I have enough challenges in day to day life.
Lt. Commander
# 12 I want you to open your mind
02-25-2010, 12:57 AM
To the idea that standing in the line of fire and aggroing all of the mobs and depending on your personal shields to keep you alive is something that we will be doing away with. GONE. Your crutch is gone.

This game is changing.

Jump on board.

The lowest common denominator will no longer be placated.

Learn to play.

Or die.

I...

Love...

This...

Game.

That is not what I'm saying.

But it's coming.

Cryptic. Cryptic. Cryptic. It's time to take away the personal shields. They have had a full month of "easy" level. Lets show them the wealth of strategy and game play variants underneath the shields.

Mr Gorbachev... Tear down that wall.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-25-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterrook
To the idea that standing in the line of fire and aggroing all of the mobs and depending on your personal shields to keep you alive is something that we will be doing away with. GONE. Your crutch is gone.
Good to know. Send me all your personal shields and I'll be happy to dispose of them for you in an environmentally friendly way.

For that matter, send me all your ship shields too. Why have any crutches at all?

And all your ground weapons.

And all your ship weapons too.

Wow! Won't the game be more challenging for you then?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle_of_Night View Post
Good to know. Send me all your personal shields and I'll be happy to dispose of them for you in an environmentally friendly way.

For that matter, send me all your ship shields too. Why have any crutches at all?

And all your ground weapons.

And all your ship weapons too.

Wow! Won't the game be more challenging for you then?
That's just ignorant.

Are you frightened of change or just ignorant.

Everything in your post is obnoxious.

I'm sure you're a nice person but seriously it's just the personal shields you really don't need them if you use your brain and your keyboard.

Repeat. Brain and keyboard.

Repeat. Brain and keyboard.

Repeat. First you use your brain and then you use your keyboard.

Get back to me when you figure this out for yourself.

I love this game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-25-2010, 07:10 AM
I have no interest in giving up my personal shields and I think combat is just fine the way it is.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Nuts to the shields; increase the rate of fire. Give me autofire.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamGoddessLindsey View Post
the original Final Fantasy
I'm currently playing thru this with 4 red mages O.o
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
the problem is that people who play these types of games are smart and highly intellectual people and can adapt to any difficulty and we are the majority.

you lindsay are the minority who wants everything dumbed down to your level. im not surprised you died 6-12 times.

theres no tension with combat at all. i dont care how they want to achieve it, whether they write the word tension in bold letters on the screen when fighting, but they need to , or what is there now is just a waste and everyone who has played through the game which is alot of people now realises theres no challenge to combat in space or ground.

in a game like mass effect where you can save and reload, you still feel tension because you need to actively move and do things to prevent yourself from dying. in this game you just stand in the open and shoot.
Dude, wrong. Uneccesary and uncalled for. No one had flamed anyone or insulted anyone. She didnt tell you you were wrong, she only said how she liked things.
If you want a hardcore game there are plenty out there like Mass Effect, hell the list is endless.
No need to go start flaming peeps simply because their tastes are different when they havent insulted you at all. Thats why these forums have gotten such a bad rep as whiners, QQ'rs and flamers.
You even started your comment by insinuating everyone not like you arent smart or intellectual.
We CAN have a conversation with differing ideas and counterpoints without just off the bat insults to anyone who doesnt agree with us.

Notice no where in this post did I say what she likes is right or better or did I insinuate it was wrong either. I too would like things to be harder, but I also understand I am not the only one playing the game and that the company is going to make the game enjoyable for all who play it of all types. Plenty of games have had missions/quests that one could solo all day and then others you needed huge groups to do due to difficulty.
If anything thats kind of what we need here, both types. Hell there are nights I am so tired I want to play in easy repetative mode just to relax the noggin, and then there are times I want hard as nails balls to the wall and the "Oh Hell how am I gonna do this???" hard.

Hmm..looking up and seeing I am a bit off tangeant(sp?)

I guess I am saying lets at least TRY and refrain from rapid fire flaming when theres no need or provocation.

Just my 2 energy creds.