Lt. Commander
# 41
02-24-2010, 07:04 PM
To the OP

Blizzard put in a pet store as an MT. Before you hate it, listen up. They offered a panda pet for $10. There was a time limit on the event. In the end, Blizzard donated 1.1 million dollars to the Make a Wish Foundation from the sales of these pandas. Not every company is just in it for the money. Some try to give back to the community.

I have enough money of my own to buy from the C-Store, and I'll do it if they ever add something in there I want.
It isn't mandatory that you use the MT system to play the game. You can still have a lot of fun for paying the sub.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-24-2010, 07:13 PM
I hate to post something about one of Cryptic's/Atari's competitors but that's why I like CCP(Eve Online). All of their expansions are included in their monthly service charge. In other words, when I play their game I don't feel like I'm being double charged for content(once to play it monthly and then once again if they add new functionality).

Any expansions they come out with that add additional content is already included in my service plan. I'm still paying for it. but at least I know I'm not getting double charged to play the same basic game to the fullest.

Frankly, MT's(currently) don't bother me as long as they stay in the realm of aesthetic things. But I can guarantee you they won't stay that way for long. It's just the nature of the beast. It starts out innocent then balloons.

Once MT's get to the point of offering powerlvling, functional items, etc. on a regular basis, I'm done with MMO's. Because, at that point what's the point in them? Taking MT's to their final destination>>>one day we'll see these game companies offering to powerlvl your character and equip it for you. Really, once it reaches that point you need to ask yourself..."why am I playing again?"
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
And, has been said several times in these threads, Cryptic doesn't offer content for for sale that affects game play. That ultimately means the discussion is pointless. You can't convince someone that buying a bunny suit for 80 credits doesn't affect game play if they don't wish to believe it.
Cryptic came very close with the content pack coming for Champions Online. They've already admitted it. The only reason they backed off was because people were howling for blood at the idea of charging for content on a massively content-lite game.

You'll have to forgive people for not trusting Cryptic's scruples to save the day.