Lt. Commander
# 1 Newbie Faq
02-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks to anyone that can answer a couple of questions from a relative newbie!

1) How can you tell the level of a ship. I see references in these forums about level 39 ships in a level 4 mission, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to tell. I noticed on enemy icons there is a digit in the top left section, but I usually see this range from -3 to 3. Is this how you tell the level, and if not, what does that number represent?

2) I was loaded into a Ground Assault PvP arena last night, and was shocked to see it was five Klingon players against me. I ended up running around the station for two minutes before additional Fed players finally arrived. Of course I was slaughtered countless times, which really wouldn't have been a huge deal, but the kills actually counted toward the victory conditions. I'm assuming this is a bug that will eventually be patched?

3) Do additional Transwarp points ever unlock?

That's all I have for now. Again, and help would be appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_lyon View Post
Thanks to anyone that can answer a couple of questions from a relative newbie!

1) How can you tell the level of a ship. I see references in these forums about level 39 ships in a level 4 mission, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to tell. I noticed on enemy icons there is a digit in the top left section, but I usually see this range from -3 to 3. Is this how you tell the level, and if not, what does that number represent?

2) I was loaded into a Ground Assault PvP arena last night, and was shocked to see it was five Klingon players against me. I ended up running around the station for two minutes before additional Fed players finally arrived. Of course I was slaughtered countless times, which really wouldn't have been a huge deal, but the kills actually counted toward the victory conditions. I'm assuming this is a bug that will eventually be patched?

3) Do additional Transwarp points ever unlock?

That's all I have for now. Again, and help would be appreciated!
1) the ships level reletive to yours appears on it's target reticle and the portrait. On the targets portrait at the top center of the screen (by default) there is a little circle on the outside of the portrait that has a red or green number in it. That number is how much higher or lower the NPC is reletive to your level. If the number is 0 it's the same level as you. If it's a red number, it's that many levels higher than you. if it's a green number, it's that many levels below yours. The number also shows up as a +/- number in the target reticle when you select it (and it's within range)

2) can't help you, sorry. not my area of expertise.

3) no.