Lt. Commander
# 1 Why no side-mission bonuses?
02-24-2010, 06:34 PM
While playing STO, I've come across a few missions that have 'un-named' side missions. A good example of this is one of the first missions you get - Rescue the S.S. Azuria. The place is littered with sick people, but you can't beam them out until you diasable the radiation leaks. So you turn off the hazards, go around, then beam them out.

This doesn't pop up on your Mission Tracker as part of the mission. Its just something that a nice Federation officer would do. I'm not saying that I feel entitled to a bonus for doing so; I just think it would be cool it if I did get one.

So, Cryptic, why not put a few hidden 'easter egg' side missions out there? Grant some extra sp or credits? Maybe a rare item or so?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Ive thought this same thing - adds that extra layer of fun, optional complexity. Hopefully when the game matures they'll spend the time to flesh these things out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 06:55 PM
its your duty to rescue them as a Starfleet officer, it is just implied that when you beam on a station and there are injured you help them out..... or maybe Cryptic just got lazy :p lol

however it would be pretty cool if there were side missions that gave you a small bonus, but that might be something they add later down the line when they finally add missions that give you choices
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 06:59 PM
In beta there was an accolade for rescuing all the injured crewman. Also one for killing Borg and a few other things. Not sure why they aren't there anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 07:01 PM
The devs have stated that the Accolades have been temporarily removed while they work out some issues. Once they're reinstated, they will be able to retroactively apply them to all accolades you have earned.

That said, I'm not sure what sorts of bonuses are associated with earning the accolades.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
The devs have stated that the Accolades have been temporarily removed while they work out some issues. Once they're reinstated, they will be able to retroactively apply them to all accolades you have earned.

That said, I'm not sure what sorts of bonuses are associated with earning the accolades.
SPECIAL BONUS:

We get to ignore more gold spammers YEA!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 09:48 PM
I recieved a title in closed beta for putting all the fires out on that mission you get the fire extingusher on (the accolade stated it) but I could not get the title to actually show up. I assume these are the type bugs they were having and why its turned off.

accolade rewards were there in the early days.