Lt. Commander
# 1 Where is Sauria???
02-24-2010, 05:36 PM
As I play a Saurian (maybe one of the only as far as I can tell) I was thinking about visiting my home system. I was wondering if anyone knew the location of the Saurian (Sauria?) home system.

Also if there are any Saurian "fleets", or other Saurian Captains looking for friends, please let me know...right now space is a cold and lonely place for this reptile-guy.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 05:44 PM
While I have heard the term "Sauria" used to describe a possible home system for the Saurians, Memory Alpha seems to suggest that the term is generic for the species rather than specific to a civilization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fletcher
"These were a lizard-like people who were very intelligent and made excellent officers. They had the unusual ability to breathe several different gases, which made them useful members of landing parties. They were also very strong and had four hearts."
This is interesting and given the in-game fiction unique to Star Trek Online, it is clear that the Saurian civilization is a member-world of the United Federation of Planets, since the Federation President is, himself, a Saurian.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 05:46 PM
STO left out ALOT of the actual Star Trek Map. Romulans, Klingons and Feds actually own alot more space then what is shown in game. As well, Dozens of Systems and Sectors have gone missing in the current game map compared to the real map drawn up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 06:19 PM
The federation alone had 150 alien homeworlds and nearly 1000 colony worlds. Of course there are going to be a lot missing to begin wtih. But i'm sure they'll be added in over time, hopefully.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordun
As I play a Saurian (maybe one of the only as far as I can tell) I was thinking about visiting my home system. I was wondering if anyone knew the location of the Saurian (Sauria?) home system.

Also if there are any Saurian "fleets", or other Saurian Captains looking for friends, please let me know...right now space is a cold and lonely place for this reptile-guy.
I feel your pain brother. Us betazoids can't go home again either.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 08:24 PM
i remember seeing the betazoid home system on the map....is it outside of the sector blocks ? if i remember correctly...it was.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 08:29 PM
it's on the map, but I can't get there. Maybe I've been exiled and they won't let me back. :p

Yeah, it's between sector blocks. Looks like you can stop in on the way to DS9 but you can't get to that space between the blocks. you're either in Sirius, or you're in Alpha Trianguli
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelon View Post
While I have heard the term "Sauria" used to describe a possible home system for the Saurians, Memory Alpha seems to suggest that the term is generic for the species rather than specific to a civilization...

...This is interesting and given the in-game fiction unique to Star Trek Online, it is clear that the Saurian civilization is a member-world of the United Federation of Planets, since the Federation President is, himself, a Saurian.
And if you look at the entry on Memory Beta you can see other non-canon refferences to Sauria as a Federation world.

Well I can only hope that in the near future they will add Sauria, and maybe even throw in some missions (or "episodes") that are based in and around the system (hint...hint) to help further explore a race that has been around since the begining.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelon View Post
While I have heard the term "Sauria" used to describe a possible home system for the Saurians, Memory Alpha seems to suggest that the term is generic for the species rather than specific to a civilization.

This is interesting and given the in-game fiction unique to Star Trek Online, it is clear that the Saurian civilization is a member-world of the United Federation of Planets, since the Federation President is, himself, a Saurian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordun
And if you look at the entry on Memory Beta you can see other non-canon refferences to Sauria as a Federation world.

Well I can only hope that in the near future they will add Sauria, and maybe even throw in some missions (or "episodes") that are based in and around the system (hint...hint) to help further explore a race that has been around since the begining.
Also, in-game, the first Saurian was elected president to the United Federation of Planets.

I too, play a Saurian. Although, not atm. I planned to RP him and use the Facebook in-game options to make logs about his adventures, but from what I hear, it is two months down the line. Still, I will "fight" for Saurian rights.

Also (I need to post this elsewhere) I not that Saurian characters can NOT open their mouths! I was taking screenshots and doing emotes (again, setting up an RP page) and was a bit dismayed that his "Khaaaan" came out as "Mrrrrmmmmm!" I would like this worked on, as well as eyes set wider apart and more skin lines (as per one of the only/few pics of a Saurian from ST: TMP.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 11:06 PM
I have the same problem. I can't go to Ferenginar. It is clearly not outside of the covered Federation space.
I also fail to find Bolarus in the Bolarus sector (hello???).

I don't think it would be asked too much to put the homeworlds of the playable species on the map, even if its just a cosmetic thing; a planet you can beam down to, with a small selection of "things to do", even if these would be available at every space dock. Like, on Ferenginar you can go to the Tower of Commerce and its full of bank and exchange panels, or there are vendors for engineering consoles on Bolarus.