Lt. Commander
Today I was doing the Defend Sirius Sector quest on a re-roll character, and I kept running into ridiculously high level ships in enemy encounters. Of the ones I paid attention to, I ran into +24 and +39 ships that of course instantly wiped out any players of appropriate level for the Sirius Sector Block.

What's going on? I don't remember running into this kind of thing in Sirius Sector while leveling up my other two characters.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 09:08 PM
That's endgame content!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Those damn encounters suck in people of all level ranks, personally I hate the damn encounters, and the more high level folks it sucks in to wipe it faster the better. Maybe with a little luck we can do away with those things all together.

Just my opinion for what its worth.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 09:21 PM
I never noticed that in the first few weeks of the game. Infact I remember a number of Captains and initial Admirals running a muck in those encounters and never seeing any high level Mobs appear. Which makes me think, something has gone wrong with one of the recent patches and now their bugged. Although I myself havent encountered any high levels after Ive been thrown into one of them. Obviously its common place now. So if its not intended and just a bug. Hopefully Cryptic will get around to it. (makes sense considering its the starting sector block..) Or atleast change things so its hardcoded that only certian level mobs appear in certain sector blocks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 09:50 PM
I think this is what is happening. A high level player is sucked into one of these encounters. However, since he was just passing thru, he warps out immediately. However, since he was there the instance set on his level and the reset timer hasn't activated yet so anyone else who gets pulled in is now stuck at the former players level causing the lower level players to get obliterated.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 10:19 PM
I did this twice today. I'm a Lieutenant and almost every ship was at least +10!! And I always got swarmed by at least three.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 11:58 PM
The game is designed to pair rushing-in to enemy explosions with the resulting shiny reward until it becomes a mindless practice. It's really entertaining to watch the myriad of players with the slam-bam-thank you..objectified person mentality run in and get blown to bits for lacking that thing called spatial awareness. It's kind of like feeling bad for the guy who got into accident when he changed lanes without checking, using a blinker, and then waiting... you feel bad for em but also have to acknowledge the stupidity. That said, it sucks if they spawn on you or if every mob is out of your league.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2010, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I think this is what is happening. A high level player is sucked into one of these encounters. However, since he was just passing thru, he warps out immediately. However, since he was there the instance set on his level and the reset timer hasn't activated yet so anyone else who gets pulled in is now stuck at the former players level causing the lower level players to get obliterated.
You know what? There's no reason for this to be happening in this game's equivalent of a newbie zone. None.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2010, 04:07 AM
Its sucks to get sucked in.
Had that a couple of times ,even died sometimes because even when i warp out they keep firing so when iam out i explode
I did a bug report but never got a real answer , we look into it ...
I started to hate these encounter so much now i don't even do them at all
I hate it that its a waste of time and spilled proc time, two times loading screens ..
I am a quest hunter i see this a waste of my time i will warp out any way !

Still i warp out and go my way if needed do some more of the exploring quests