Lt. Commander
# 471
02-24-2010, 12:33 PM
*Quantonim has 230 Cryptic point. Quantonim doesn't have anything decent to spend any of them on*
Lt. Commander
# 472
02-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Playing on Xom I'm getting the hang of Tactical though its early days.

I seem to find best ship tactic is to stop at 9.99km and alpha strike everything like a weapons platform turret, with the occasional Impulse burst to maneuver to maximise my weapon fire arcs (Cannons all the way ftw!). Just reminds me of Artillery play in other games or I'm stuck in a turret shooting down stuff.

Anyways wishing Ross a Happy Birthday for tomorrow (not very far now)! Hope it's a very good surprise your friends have planned for you and you have a great day.
Lt. Commander
# 473
02-24-2010, 03:09 PM
lets hope that cryptic will put in some good stuff soon on the cryptic store
Lt. Commander
# 474
02-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Looks like we have a good update in store for us tomorrow everyone. Or today for our uk members

The Infected Trailer, in case you haven't already seen it.

Awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 475
02-24-2010, 10:08 PM
nice can't wait to check it out
Lt. Commander
# 476
02-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Also, I would like to wish the February folks a happy birthday as well. May the road come up to meet you and your path be free of incident. May you know only happiness and joy and pain and misery be but a vague memory, easily forgotten.
Lt. Commander
# 477 Crafting
02-25-2010, 03:02 AM
I see that a lot of folkes have some questions about crafting, well here's something useful:

Crafting is actually more of an upgrade system. You take a common item (I.e. Phaser Beam Array MK II) and a collection of Anomalous Data and upgrade it into a better version of that item.

First thing you need to do is get the quest from Admiral Quinn. This comes at lieutenant lvl 4 and its called Scientific Mandate. Quinn tells you to talk to "Egg" located in the space dock who orders you to travel to Memory Alpha located on the Alpha Centauri sector block. After completing the mission following the instructions of Romaine talk to her again and you're ready to craft.

To unlock the MK IV and MK VI gear vendors you need:

20x [Phaser Beam Array MK II]
100X Radiation Sample
100x Alien Artifacts
100X Mineral Samples
40X Antimatter Samples
40X Biological Samples
40x Unknown Alloy
and 29 spaces in your inventory.

More to come soon!!!

Happy Crafting!
Lt. Commander
# 478
02-25-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
Looks like we have a good update in store for us tomorrow everyone. Or today for our uk members

The Infected Trailer, in case you haven't already seen it.

Awesome!

Hey Fleet.
Overslept and missed my alarm. Actually I set it but never turned it on. Whoops

Anyway, Gale I've just watched the video. What do you think it means by Special Task Forces?

Is that a new grouping system? Or the name of a new episode?

I'm excited now and I'm not even a high enough level.

Happy Birthday to DeForestK and Rainbowboy1. Have a great day you guys!
Lt. Commander
# 479
02-25-2010, 03:56 AM
Hello all

In answer to you question Casta, Special Tack Force is the new name for Raidisodes, as mentioned by Gozer here.

I have to say it looks pretty sweet, although it appears it's release date is now wrong .
Lt. Commander
# 480
02-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony-Jade View Post
Hello all

In answer to you question Casta, Special Tack Force is the new name for Raidisodes, as mentioned by Gozer here.

I have to say it looks pretty sweet, although it appears it's release date is now wrong .
Yeah, I read his posts before going to bed lastnight. What a letdown... misadvertisement after misadvertisement. Come on Cryptic, you guys said this would be in a week after launch. It's now been over 3

Oh well. It is good to hear that they are shooting for finely polished quality now. But still, enough with the misadvertisement...