Lt. Commander
# 81
02-25-2010, 05:47 AM
This isnt a place to nerdrage about how you fedbears are blaming your suxxors and FAIL at pvp on klingons weak and already nerfed cloak. NO its a place to read where someone who actually KNOWS how to pvp has offered suggestions so that YOU DONT FAIL everytime and no longer have to resort to whining and crying nerf thousands of times over.

If you cant respect the mans post and take his advice then kindly GTFO and QQ somewhere else your "Icantpvp2savemylife" bretheren have MANY posts on this same topic already go QQ there. OR stay here and actually read this post and learn something, up to you but seriously if all yer gonna do is QQ cuz you blow at pvp and want nerfs to change that for you..move on.... THIS is def. the last place for that with all the info this guys taken the time to write down, its like complaining of starvation when your trapped in a grocery store. Really guyz move along, your FAIL and nubness is making my eyes bleed.
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-25-2010, 01:02 PM
to the above poster - please take your own advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
'Carebear thinking' or common courtesy? You decide!

I have re-worded the Etiquette section to be mindful that some players do feel that spawn camping is a viable tactic while game mechanics allow it.

I have also included the comment about asking the DEVs to make spawn camping impossible.

Thank you for your 'sanity check' feedback.
I with you Matt about etiquette, in almost every other competitive and competition sports, there are rules and standard of conduct everyone who participate must follow, I just do not understand, why certain gamers does not understand this and try to encourage good behaviors that will breed and bring out good competition among players that will allow for better pvp gameplay and players to engage with.

Anyway back on topic - I play a Fed Science Officer - like to add, have several different BO with different abilities to swap out, especially if you are dying alot or are the first focus target, which science ships tend to be one of the first ship, wondering why that is , or if you noticed sometime weapons or skills being use.

Example I have 4 science BO - i use in PVP - all depending upon what going on, that I can switch out when I respawn, and I still experimenting with some skills - if I seeing I am the first primary target every time, then I know I can turn it around be the bait, I may go with 4, and 1 and give more support to others, or use 2 and 1, 3 & 4, or 2 &4 where perhaps, I can tractor one, and allows the other to focus fire on it. Commander 8

4 Science BO

1. SC1, Jam Sensor, CBP
2. Tractor Beam, FBP1, VMII
3. Tray Beam, TRift FBII
4. MEs, PH, SC III

Two Engineering BO
1. ET1, Aux Structural, RSP
2. ES, ET2, EMod

Two tach
1. Beam & HY II
2. HY 1, TS II

The point is to have several types of BO available to use to counter some of the Klink advantage and let other teammate use it to their advantage or have BO's where you can stack certain abilities to trigger certain abilities faster.
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Awesome job! There's a lot of good tips here that I can use.
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenz View Post
lmao do you think that people dont know the basics??? lol

PVP needs some tweaking. Its not that klingon ships are OP its everything it comes with.

Main problems.

PUGs FEDS- cant change BOs out. Feds are forced to play a class. Klinks are not.

ALWAYS GETTING THE FIRST ATTACK!!!!!! Name one MMO besides this one where this happens.

BUFFS and cooldown. Did you know that theres a 1 sec cooldown on all skills? Not only do klinks get the first attack they get the first BUFFFED attack. I know i know you think im a noob. But you have to understand that using 6 buffs takes 6 secs. And 6 secs is 3 attacks. So klinks can get the first 5 attacks if done right.

Z axis big problem. its a easy fix. CAPS SO YOU READ. IF KLINKS DECLOAK 8KM ABOVE, THEN MOVE DOWN AT A 30' ANGLE TO THE BACK OF THE FEDS, THE FEDS WILL NEVER GET TO USE ANYTHING BESIDES BEAMS.

Buffing while cloaked/healing while cloaked. This one fix could balance pvp. simple.

what ever 100k people playing this game and maybe 60 people loged on pvping. the whole game is broken
This is a funny quote to me. You must not pvp on hardly any mmos at all. Example i suppose in WOW when a rouge gets his massive attacks from stealth thats unfair also. Theres your example from another MMO. Dont get me wrong i play fed and i thought aswell the klingons were over powered till i started playing a klingon. Fed ships out gear just about every klingon ship so far that ive seen. It comes down to useing your abilities and team work to win in any pvp situation in any MMO. If you do lots of pve and not alot of pvp dont expect to win. PVP takes alot of practice. I have an easier time killing klingons with my fed toon then klingon vs fed but the klingons use so much better team work when in pvp. PVP is my favorite part of MMOS and i have alot of experience in the pvp settings and you need to learn which class or in this game ship matches up against the enemy. Work as a team. Just because you get beat dosnt mean the other is overpowerd. All feds that think klingon is overpowerd please by all means go play a klingon and see for yourself. I did play my fed all the way to admiral and have pvped with him a bunch so dont think i havnt played enough to know what im talking about. It takes forever to get any decent equipment for a klingon and takes know time at all for federation. So play both sides before you judge the other side. Bottom line good team work wins pvp. Take care and enjoy the game. Hope to see everyone online.
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-26-2010, 08:37 PM
you know what beats an incoming klink zerg of alpha strikes? -see below-
you know what beats that damned BoP that always battle cloaks? -see below-
you know what defeats that unholy amount of damage? -see below-

ready for the answer? quick reflexes and a steady mindset (read: not hungover). to be competative in just about any video game you need quick reflexes and a clear mind that is uncolored by anger or the like.
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-27-2010, 02:12 PM
thx for this great post
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-28-2010, 04:31 AM
Great write up. Will take me a bit to actually LEARN all that, but that is the point, right ? Learn it!

Honestly - some of the Fed players b*tching about how the Klingon players group together and trash fed ship after fed ship (mine included) probably never stop to realize, they *RARELY* face a solo Klingon ship.

And of those solo beat downs, seems the only way you got him/her isolated - was beating down the rest of the group first! I have however, learned to enjoy kicking mines out of the back of my cruiser for the Klingons to find during their usual sweep through attacks. :p
Lt. Commander
# 88 My Deepest Apologies.....
03-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Played PvP last night for the first time......

Didn't read this first......................

My Apologies to my FED partners..........

On the other hand...... to the klinks it was like feeding tyme @ the Shark Farm!
Lt. Commander
# 89
03-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehilator View Post
I think this is one of the best posts posted in this forum. Thank you for taking the time and compiling all this useful information for new PvPers. It is sage advice with only a few things here and there which are not 100% optimal, but hey, finding what works best is part of the fun, and every PvPer should try to become a better player

Hats off to you sir, truly a fine example of what a Starfleet Officer should be like.

I vote for Sticky!
Great post.
Lt. Commander
# 90
03-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpendableCrewman View Post
This isnt a place to nerdrage about how you fedbears are blaming your suxxors and FAIL at pvp on klingons weak and already nerfed cloak. NO its a place to read where someone who actually KNOWS how to pvp has offered suggestions so that YOU DONT FAIL everytime and no longer have to resort to whining and crying nerf thousands of times over.

If you cant respect the mans post and take his advice then kindly GTFO and QQ somewhere else your "Icantpvp2savemylife" bretheren have MANY posts on this same topic already go QQ there.
LOL wow, who is it who's QQing again? I'll never understand why some people think they're entitled to control what others say and do. If you don't like what people are saying, here's a hint: Don't read the threads. This forum seems to make you extremely unhappy so I suggest you find another one, for your own sake. :lol: