Lt. Commander
# 1 Cannot get back to exploration
02-24-2010, 08:42 AM
I am working on explore the Arucanis Arm. I picked up a mission to deliver medical supplies. I left, bought what I needed from a cargo ship, and am now back in the Arucanis Arm, but I cannot get back to the system to deliver the supplies. I know there is supposed to be a button on the right that says "return to ..." but it is not there. I tried clicking on the mission in the mission box (which worked in OB), and making it primary, but no button. Any solutions/suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Is the mission still actually listed in your Journal? I've had some of those auto complete on me during OB. If you're certain that mission came from Arucanis Arm and flying around doesnt trigger the 'resume' option you may be out of luck. (that and the cost of the supplies are why I dont do those missions anymore)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2010, 09:13 AM
On the same type of mission in a different system, I had to find the "right" anomaly to get the Resume Mission button on my UI. It took flying around to 3 or 4 different ones, but I did get the button eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveV
On the same type of mission in a different system, I had to find the "right" anomaly to get the Resume Mission button on my UI. It took flying around to 3 or 4 different ones, but I did get the button eventually.
That would be a change from how it worked in beta - once you zoned back into the star cluster, the button popped up in the lower right corner (assuming you didn't re-arrange your UI windows). That said, I noticed sometimes I had to zone out and zone back in to get the button to re-appear.

All that said, I for one think the 'go fetch commodities' missions aren't a good mechanic in a universe with replicators; and I have read and hope the Devs are indeed working on a way to revamp them into something better.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 09:29 AM
I might be mistaken, as that was a while back.

It's quite possible I just dropped the mission, then got it again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2010, 10:33 AM
I've done a couple of those supply missions. Usually when I zone back in I would have to move out into the zone a little bit of the ways before it would pop up in the lower right corner. I've even had times where I've had to hold down my right mouse button and look up down and all around before it would pop up.

Had one the other day where I had to do a top down view on my ship for it to pop up in the corner. When I would look away it would go away.

Seems like a UI bug to me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveV
That's not how it works. I've done these many many times. You need to make sure the mission is in your Journal *before* warping out of the system to buy the needed materials.

So, check your Journal also DO NOT do other systems in the sector.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Solved
02-25-2010, 02:28 AM
Thanks for all the input. I decided to just carry on looking for more exploration missions (this was the first). I found a couple of anomalies, and suddenly the button appeared. Not sure why, maybe just a time thing.

Anyway, thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2010, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croyd View Post
I've done a couple of those supply missions. Usually when I zone back in I would have to move out into the zone a little bit of the ways before it would pop up in the lower right corner. I've even had times where I've had to hold down my right mouse button and look up down and all around before it would pop up.

Had one the other day where I had to do a top down view on my ship for it to pop up in the corner. When I would look away it would go away.

Seems like a UI bug to me.
Yar, my experience correlates with this. Sometimes the 'continue mission' button is finicky about showing up. :| Though, it didn't occur to me that camera angle might fix it... that's good information to know (I usually just flew around, flailing my proverbial arms like a maniac in hopes of catching the button's attention).

Definately a bug, and one I hope they fix soon - until then, I just avoid these sorts of missions in lieu of more interesting ones.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunari View Post

So, check your Journal also DO NOT do other systems in the sector.
why not? I do additional missions in the sector all the time with no issues. in fact, I will usually wait until I have accepted 3 aid missions, go buy the needed items and then come back with a freshly started explore mission and complete it in about 2 minutes.