# 481
02-25-2010, 05:24 AM
Morning Fleet!
Lt. Commander
# 482
02-25-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
Yeah, I read his posts before going to bed lastnight. What a letdown... misadvertisement after misadvertisement. Come on Cryptic, you guys said this would be in a week after launch. It's now been over 3

Oh well. It is good to hear that they are shooting for finely polished quality now. But still, enough with the misadvertisement...
A test server which will allow us to copy over our character? To test it out for them is a nice idea. But what happens if they find a pretty hefty bug that they didnt discover during their own testing. Does that mean that live could be delayed even further?

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to MMO speak. What is a Raid? Is it literally a smash, grab and raid kinda deal. As in Run up smash klinks in the head, grab loot and raid all surrounding crates or is something else?
Lt. Commander
# 483
02-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Have a quick read of this Casta, it gives you a basic explanation of raids.

Although, to me, the Special Task Force/Raidisodes in STO look more like a normal mission that requires 5 players due to a higher level of difficulty, rather than the 25 man dungeon raids I'm used to from WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 484
02-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony-Jade View Post
Have a quick read of this Casta, it gives you a basic explanation of raids.

Although, to me, the Special Task Force/Raidisodes in STO look more like a normal mission that requires 5 players due to a higher level of difficulty, rather than the 25 man dungeon raids I'm used to from WoW.
I thought when the mentioned special Task Force that they had created some sort of fancy grouping but if its going to only allow 5 players at a time, it will be different from the regular raids you mentioned HJ. Although in that IGN video the Special Task Force is shown as quite a few ships from both the Klingon and Federation Factions. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see how its formed up.

I would like the option to group more than 5. Would make it easier for fleet events
Lt. Commander
# 485
02-25-2010, 09:04 AM
/bump

Good Morning Fleet, Hope everyone is doing well!
-Sheldon
Lt. Commander
# 486
02-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casta_Rasa View Post
I thought when the mentioned special Task Force that they had created some sort of fancy grouping but if its going to only allow 5 players at a time, it will be different from the regular raids you mentioned HJ. Although in that IGN video the Special Task Force is shown as quite a few ships from both the Klingon and Federation Factions. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see how its formed up.

I would like the option to group more than 5. Would make it easier for fleet events
I agree. Larger groups would be much more fun.
Lt. Commander
# 487
02-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Federation Fleet is still recruiting visit http://federationfleet.guildlaunch.com/index.php
Lt. Commander
# 488
02-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrac_Tsenre
I agree. Larger groups would be much more fun.
Hear Hear for larger Raid Groups, Fleet Battles are a good starting point to create Fleet only instances and also a good skeleton to encompass 20 player instances to do actually create some interesting Raids with.

It's definitely an area that needs to be properly and carefully developed.
Lt. Commander
# 489
02-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Once again. Rear Admiral Acheived. Est time: 84hrs38minutes (Discounting idle time). Grinding cluster now to the end.

if you need help on weapon setups, captain skills, or BO abilities, send me a tell.
Lt. Commander
# 490
02-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Gratz Blade