Lt. Commander
# 1 Screenshots (Without ship?)
02-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Is there any way to take a screenshot without your ship in it? like a '1st person' view? I love some of the backgrounds in space & would like to use them for a desktop or whatever, without my ship in the shot. is there any way?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Good question, I know you can do some options with the camera but not sure if that is possible.

Be nice to know.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Try /screenshot and see what options appear. I know you can use it to screenshot with the UI as by default it screenshots without the UI which is useless for my needs at present

Also, as has been stated see if there are any options for a free camera mode. You may then be able to shift the camera around so that your ship is out of view for the screenshot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 09:51 AM
You can use /camoffset to move the camera to the left or right of your ship. Zoomed in all the way a "/camoffset 10" or "/camoffset -10" moves my ship all the way off the screen. /camoffset 0 to reset to default.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 10:44 AM
I have not tried it yet but there is a command on the command list called /screenshot_depth

The description says: Save a screenshot with the depth only

Not sure if this is an active command or it works the way you want. I can't test it until I get home from work this evening, it would be nice if someone is willing to try it and let us know what happens.