Heres another request. I dont care if its Short-Term, Mid-Term, or Long-Term.
Make LCARS a working display, like worth using.. all we see it as is a graphical display, we cant actually use it. I remember seeing some perpetual pictures of being able to use an LCARS display to transfer power to EPS conduits etc.. The UI just doesnt feel Star Trek enough.
Add the ground controls from champions over to sto so those of us that want fps controls or something in between can have them.
Unify the maps, 1 map that zooms in. The more you zoom in the more detail you get. Put in some nice overlays of systems and nebulas that fade out while you zoom in like clouds flying pasted you as you zoom though them. Also use color more to distinguish things in the map.
More story mission, and a greater verity of possible repeat mission.
Being able to buy different weapons with badges at high level not just antiproton.
Being able to train and trade bo’s
Respec options and also 2 builds you can swap like in cox and champs
Add an option for fps style pacing for ground combat.
More costumes I’d like to see less formal outfits also maybe a uniform that’s unbuttoned so you can see the shirt underneath the coat there’s a mission has this already don’t remember the name but your rescuing some people from some Romulus one of the crew outside the base had this setup looked cool. But just other items as well I know its trek but it’s also a game.
More ship options in both type and parts that can go on them. Also more options in the way parts go on them. Sorta like what’s done in character creation with the scaling along the x,y,z. Also placement of parts so if you want the nacelles a little farther up or back.
Put in the crafting you were guys were talking about in all the interviews
Smarter ai for both my bo’s and mobs. I know the standard idea in mmos is to make mobs mountains of hit points and hit harder to make them “epic” but I’ve never really felt that a mob that cheats is really more fun once you figure out the strategy it easy again. An ai that responds adapts to you is much more fun. One that takes cover and repositions swaps targets is just more fun and dynamic.
A cover system I’m not talking your toons starts to try and make love to the walls ala gears of war so much but more like what was in tabula rasa where depending on how much of your body was exposed to the enemy fire it would negate some of the damage. so if you’re behind a small box it helps it helps more if your behind a bigger one or your up on a ledge that makes it really hard for the mob to see any of you. it would be nice if the ai would take advantage of this also.
1) make Borg stronger,much stronger. And DP is needed of course. Without no Dp you dont need to fear Borg, right?
2) One small change,when you enter starbase dont show weapons in char. hands. Talking to admiral with big gun in your hands is kinda.. But that is so minor thing.
3) Bigger planet maps, maybe with NPC quests
4) one larger chain episode with voice overs, for every rank.
5) add content for all ranks, not just endgame
6) maybe it's to late, but add academy in San Francisco and start playing from there
7)add pilot missions through asteroid fields or similar
The Exchange - I cant sort at all, who came up with that idea? This is the only game to have an auction house with NO sorting capability. I have to look at 600 items and write down the prices of the lowest ones to figure out which one is the lowest price.
Make instances bigger, I want to see more people in Sol and other community locations
Do something with the skills. It makes no sense that I have to train level two skills that become worthless once I hit the third tier. Why dont ship skills carry over? If I train in the tier2 escort ships then make that also help in my tier3 escort. I feel like I waste skill points to train for-the-moment and it has no real effect on my char in the long run. Why train photon torpedos now when I know in tier4 I want to use a different kind of torpedo and the skill points I put into photon has no carry-over? I dont even know what some of the skills actually do!
Close Memory Alpha and take a few months to come up with a real crafting system. Memory Alpha is BAD, if you want to see how bad, check how many players are actually using the 3rd and higher tier vendors there. I would be willing to bet it is less than 10% of the total playerbase. Let me build weapons and ship components that are worth something.
Ground combat in PVP is to fast, run into someone, get held, die in 5 seconds, its not fun.
Let me mine on planets for resources, let me setup a store front of some kind and become a merchant. I could be a Ferengi who failed out of Starfleet and decided to get back into making a profit. Give me monsters to fight on some planets, Kirk and Picard had many battles with creatures. Give me other things to do besides killing Klingons and Gorn.
1) The Exchange - needs better sorting options, especially by price, but a new more robust interface overall would be helpful.
2) Smart UI/ streamlining - example, when i go to put items into the bank, let me right click an item and have it autostack with other items of the same type (i.e. anomolous data samples). Also having the game remember your power bar/ officer bridge station set-up, so that if i am running multiple ships I can switch back and forth without having to re-do all of my powers EVERY SINGLE TIME.
3) Item/ Power descriptions - Make them more in depth and explanitory. It would be especially helpful with stats and powers.
1) Content - When beaming to a planet, have multiple areas to beam to. Content in the game could be greatly expanded without having to put in new locations and planets simply by adding more zones and areas to the exsisting planets (And while we are on the topic of utilizing all the planets already at your disposal..., could we please beam down to Earth!?!?!). Have areas were you could beam down just to explore, and may find a quest giver who has a quest in that immediate area. This also would allow greater variety to each planet, such as industrial areas and cities in addition to wilderness and forests. A good idea if this is implemented would perhaps be to add a mechanic to transfer to different zones with out teleporting (such as a shuttlecraft hub or something) Also, add more planets to star systems. Make it so you could have enitre quest chains in a given solar system. (while we are on the topic of quest chains could you please make it so that chains that are supposed to be done sequentially unlock in a sequential order? )
2) Asteroids/ Debris Fields - Could we please see less of these. It seems like very single mission warps me into a freaking asteroid field. Its good to have objects in space, but sometimes space is empty, I think some of the space missions can have a little bit better diversity to the enviroments without relying on object fields quite so much
3) Bridge Station rank upgrades - I think the ability to purchase rank upgrades to bridge stations (and perhaps other aspects of a ship) would help ships scale better to your abilities and give players an opportunity to more heavily invest in their ships. Also, you will notice from many of the Star Trek movies and TV series that some admirals preffer an older ship like and Excelsior or something. Perhaps use an upgrades mechanic (coupled with each ship type and class having specific bonuses or atributes) to give players and incentive to hang on to an older ship and even use it through higher ranks
1) Graphics and Layout - Space looks quite nice, the ground stuff...could use a little work. For starters, level and area layout, space stations and ship corridors dont need random turns (i.e. K7) that seem to serve little to no function. While i understand trying to make interesting layouts, sometimes following the simple approach proves worlds better (I am reminded of a Star Wars game i played some time ago that had a level were you were making the Trench Run on the Death Star, the devs had made the Trench with about 50 turns and hundreds of obstructions, it just didnt feel right). In this same vane, have doors that open, and use turbolifts instead of having us just zone into the next room. Functionally these might not serve purpose but its adds to the atmosphere, and makes the game feel more immersive. finally all in this vane.. SCALING! drop the ceilings a little bit, at least in star ships and some of the stations, the ships of the shows and movies never seemed to have ceilings this high (though I will say DS9 looks pretty close, but it always was a different style then the rest of Star Trek).
2) More Mission Variety - Need to work on coming up with less of the Kill ten of these squadrons, then kill 5 of these, then kill six of these. Missions need to have more content variety, options for dealing with things in more than one way, and perhaps variable endings and outcomes.
3) Ooooohhh Such more more i could write - Fleet bases, leaving destroyed ships (or pieces of them) in space to be salvaged, new races to play, more Quadrents to explore, the list could go on forever. I will just conclude by saying i think Cryptic is doing a good job so far, but that the game definitley needs improvement. I have my lifetime sub, and so far I have been relatively happy. Keep plugging away and making improvements and I think this game will really have a great run.
Short term- A way of tracking progress at Memory Alpha.
Longer term- A way to upgrade a lower tier ship to a higher tier. New ship models from Star Trek history i.e. Excelsior, Ambassador ect. Maybe some missions that take place on a shuttle either with one bridge officer of solo. Expansion of the known systems and starbases. Star Trek has SB's scattered as support for the fleet. Starbases are few as it is now. Missions that perhaps have the character physically altered and behind enemy lines such as disguised as a Romulan on a Romulan ship as a operative. There is no current way to find a diplomatic solution to a situation. It would be nice to see one added.