Lt. Commander
# 31
02-24-2010, 06:47 AM
I don't really know what to say, and I hope the internets won't warp the meaning of what I'm trying to get across, so here goes:

I'll be honest about it. I didn't know him. In fact, I only heard of that person today. I can hardly say his death is going to touch me in any noticeable way.

On the other hand, I can relate to how his relatives feel. Hell, I've lost a couple of loved ones myself.

I won't give you my condolences, because that would be just an awful lie. I'll just say that all of us will die eventually. There's not much we can do about it.

It's best to come to grips with that inevitability sooner than later, before it's too late. Say goodbye. But then, it's best to move on.

I'm still working on that part myself in regards to my grandparents, so it's more of a 'do as I say, not as I do' thing. I really hope they won't die for another couple of years.

I'm not exactly satisfied with how I worded this, but it'll have to do. I do wish all of his relatives the opportunity to properly say goodbye. That is what everyone deserves.

Aw hell. Not good with words, I am.
Lt. Commander
# 32 On the Loss of a Fleet Member
02-24-2010, 09:11 AM
We are the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet - we are mates - we are a team and we have lost one of our own.

Most of us haven't met in RL, but in this world of Star Trek which we all share a love for, we have a bond. Without meeting Weed743, we already know something near and dear to his heart because we share it - the love of this ST universe is near and dear to us too or we wouldn't be here. We know what it has been like to grow up a Trekkie or a Trekker. We share that with Weed743. We know how much fun he had with this fleet and this game at the end of his days because it was the same fun we were sharing and a part of. Feel something real for this real man whom we have lost from our virtual world.

Come to Vulcan to be with us at 4pm EST in the US so that we might honor his passing at the same time as his funeral is being held in Australia.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-24-2010, 11:38 AM
I really regret that , with me moving this week and my new internet connection not being installed till saturday that i wont be able to join my friends on our homeworld, but as i said at that time i will raise a glass of scotch to our fallen friend in the tradition of my family,My family does not really morn fallen friends we celebrate thier lives and hope thay rest in peace.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-24-2010, 02:58 PM
We know you will be there in your Vulcan heart Zhel-Lan Daho. We will reach out to you with our minds at that time.and you will be with us.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Greeting all, [VKF] DoktaD here. My sorrow goes out to our team mates family. I will be working at the time of our observance, but will keep his family in mind.
Lt. Commander
The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet would like to thank all those players who have been so kind as to contact the fleet and offer their condolences on the loss of our fleet member Weed743.

You are all invited to attend services for him which will be held on Vulcan today at 4pm EST. Instructions are listed above.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-25-2010, 11:35 AM
I have been taking lessons on Scottish heritage from Daho and Weed743's brother. Accordingly, I will say a few words at the service in celebration of his life, rather than mourning for his death. I know our Fleet feels sadness for the sudden and unexpected loss to his family (Weed743 died in fall after an accidental electrocution), but all have been gladdened by his zest for life while he was among us. If there is an afterlfe, Weed743 is level 50 already!
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Some pictures of the eulogy on Vulcan, for those who could not attend (duplicate post, from the other thread)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctorsinister/4388435938/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctorsinister/4388428364/

Dr. S.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Condolences to the Kolinahr Fleet for the loss of your comrade.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-25-2010, 03:14 PM
I really gotta learn how to take screen shots. Anyone want to volunteer the info?