Lt. Commander
# 1 Transwarp
02-25-2010, 05:05 PM
So... did a mission the other day.

I was told to deploy some mines in front of a couple Transwarp apertures.

They were supposed to prevent anyone other than Starfleet from using them to get closer to Fed space.

But... the only example of Transwarp we have ourselves, is the ability to "hearth" back to Sol.

With all the ruckus about Death Penalties, ranging from disabled BOs to Gear repair bills to Crew replacement.

I wouldn't mind having to fork over some of the 2mil in Creds I have to make repairs, if there were more than 4 stations in the entire universe.

So...

How about adding a small station, with a transwarp hub nearby, to each Sector Block.

It'll allow a place to make repairs (if gear breaks down), a place to resupply and gather more crew (if crew every stop multiplying like Tribbles), and something akin to WoW Flight Points, so we don't have to waste 30min getting around the galaxy.

Get rid of the Transwarp ability, and instead just allow movement from Block to Block through the Transwarp Network.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 05:15 PM
I like that Idea!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Any other opinions?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 06:51 PM
As a sidenote, the other Transwarp hub in game, is in Sol Sector-Block near Risa I believe, the Transwarp to Gamma Orionis, I think it only becomes visible at appropiate level however.

Nice idea though, not really against it either, Sector-Block travel rather sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post
As a sidenote, the other Transwarp hub in game, is in Sol Sector-Block near Risa I believe, the Transwarp to Gamma Orionis, I think it only becomes visible at appropiate level however.

Nice idea though, not really against it either, Sector-Block travel rather sucks.
I haven't been able to use it, even though I've seen it. I flew right up to it, and it was unusable, my guess is they're planning on implementing it later. They'll probably implement more of the Gamma & Delta quadrants as well, via the same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_Gideon
So... did a mission the other day.

I was told to deploy some mines in front of a couple Transwarp apertures.

They were supposed to prevent anyone other than Starfleet from using them to get closer to Fed space.

But... the only example of Transwarp we have ourselves, is the ability to "hearth" back to Sol.

With all the ruckus about Death Penalties, ranging from disabled BOs to Gear repair bills to Crew replacement.

I wouldn't mind having to fork over some of the 2mil in Creds I have to make repairs, if there were more than 4 stations in the entire universe.

So...

How about adding a small station, with a transwarp hub nearby, to each Sector Block.

It'll allow a place to make repairs (if gear breaks down), a place to resupply and gather more crew (if crew every stop multiplying like Tribbles), and something akin to WoW Flight Points, so we don't have to waste 30min getting around the galaxy.

Get rid of the Transwarp ability, and instead just allow movement from Block to Block through the Transwarp Network.
Totally! Lots of smaller stations -- they wouldn't even have to be ones we would need to beam down to (bonus if we could). Could be like cargo/Ferengi ships around where you could stock-up and repair at and use the Transwarp network. Great idea!

I had asked about the lack of Transwarp conduits as well. And where's the Transwarp hub at anyways?