Lt. Commander
Every review out there says the same thing:

"Ground combat sucks"
"Everytime I went to do an away mission I moaned and died a little inside"
"Ground combat is just a chaotic mess and completely unfun."

The comments go on and on and on.

Do you think Cryptic will revamp ground combat? And making it more fun and exciting? What do you think would take to "fix" it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Massively increased rate of fire, decreased enemy regeneration, less effective shields (or no shields altogether).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 05:40 PM
They need to decrease HP by about 80%.
So it actually makes sense when your shield goes down, those energy weapons will actually kill you.
Then make melee weapons hit shields.

Increase shield regen across the board, and increase rate of fire on weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 06:50 PM
I am becoming increasingly bored and frustrated with the ground combat. It has gotten to the point where I often don't want to play because of it. I too think that HP should be reduced drastically.

I am wondering if Cryptic has any plans to address the issue or if they are planning on leaving it as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 07:17 PM
I would like to see the weapons rebalanced (standard fire mode more effective, secondary fire made less so); perhaps giving the various types different ranges.

I would like to see some of the abilities make a bigger impact; so that I don't feel that my BOs are just wasting time when they are not shooting things.

I have mixed feelings about reduced health. I know it would be more 'true to Trek'; and some of the unshielded NPCs are stupidly tough. Still, if we died too quick after the shields went down, then healers would be rendered pretty much useless; lot's of people like playing healers (even me, on occasion).

Oh, and I would like to see all holds removed from the game; although that's more a PvP thing.

Will any of these things happen? Possibly. Cryptic do appear to listen to what the community has to say after all; doesn't mean they will always act on it of course (but really, does anyone like the holds?).

---EDIT---

BTW, I actually enjoy the ground combat; but I still think there is plenty of room for improvement.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2010, 08:11 PM
I enjoy it as is. It's slow and tedius if you mash buttons and take random BOs and weapons, and quick and full of action if you strategically use BOs, weapon switching, kits and positioning (aka, using the tactical mechanics of the game).
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Guys I think you are all looking at this from the prespective of solely pve. I think the hp's are the way they are because of pvp balancing and trust me if they wernt there you would have just as many ppl arguing the exact opposite. Now I dont think the fix here is just to greatly reduce the hp across the board or else anything resembleing fun ground pvp will never happen. Somehow (chime in here with ideas) the pve needs to get a dmg boost or something while the pvp isnt drasticly affected.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzukasa
Guys I think you are all looking at this from the prespective of solely pve. I think the hp's are the way they are because of pvp balancing and trust me if they wernt there you would have just as many ppl arguing the exact opposite. Now I dont think the fix here is just to greatly reduce the hp across the board or else anything resembleing fun ground pvp will never happen. Somehow (chime in here with ideas) the pve needs to get a dmg boost or something while the pvp isnt drasticly affected.
I agree, the pacing for PvP ground combat is perfect, you run into more than one enemy by yourself and you go down quick.

However, in PvE all 4 BOs as well as yourself can be targetint one NPC and it still takes 15 seconds to take him down.

I think lowering the NPC HP while adding some kind of cover system could do the trick.

When did you ever see anyone take more than 3 hits before going down in the series?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 03:57 AM
I think the only things they really need to fix are weapon/power damage output and npc pathfinding. Especially in the fire caves, where npc pathfinding is missing altogether.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2010, 05:05 AM
Rifle Butt/Palm Strike needs a cooldown or the expose/hold effect removed.

That would go a long way to make it more enjoyable in PvP, and more of a challenge in PvE(Can't just spam the 3-key when targeted by a Swordmaster).