Lt. Commander
# 1 I have a problem
02-25-2010, 10:51 PM
I belong to a very large fleet, but because of the leveling system, I'm not able to to group with newer members to help advance them because there is no sidekick / exemplar system in place.

Why is STO the only mmo that I'm aware of that does not have this system in place? Can we expect something in the next patch to remedy this situation?

In all honesty, I really don't like the game..I'm only sticking around because I have made a lot of friends in my fleet. I have been following the game for over a year now, and well, I do hope the best, but fear the worst.

I'm sorry if I sound negative, I really wanted a game I could play for years to come but..I just can't ignore the obvious, and still pay money for a product that is just not finished.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Uh...

Most MMOs don't have a sidekick/exemplar system.

CoH does. But they're a rarity.

Not saying it wouldn't be great to have one here, but it's not that common.

-np
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate
Uh...

Not saying it wouldn't be great to have one here, but it's not that common.

-np
***,wow,cov,coh,potbs,guild wars, diablo....rarity????????
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 11:02 PM
As a city of hero/villains player, I understand exactly what you are saying. I too am frustrated that i cannot help a noob at tier 3. Without a sidekick/exemplar type option it really forces you to single play, or play with unkown people in auto mated group instances.

This is the only mmo ive seen without this option, which is fail. I to hope they fix this. As well as many other things.Ttime will tell, and i feel sorry for those who purchased life time sub. I expect alot more from cryptic than what has been delivered thus far. COH/COV was a very solid game, and still continous as such today.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Uh...

Not saying it wouldn't be great to have one here, but it's not that common
Um ya..actually most mmo's do have this sort of system in place. all the games fish posted for example..
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Besides CoX and CO, what game does this type of thing appear in? It's not in WoW, DDO or Guild Wars (Unless they added it) and I can't think of any game I've ever seen it in besides the two superhero games.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Besides CoX and CO, what game does this type of thing appear in? It's not in WoW, DDO or Guild Wars (Unless they added it) and I can't think of any game I've ever seen it in besides the two superhero games
Yes it is in wow..you can be lvl 45 and help your lvl 1 noob, in a group..just like all the other games listed that fish posted. sto you cannot..either ya never played any other mmo's, or ya just feel like being argumentative,because the fact remains, other games have this system in place while sto does not.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmitts View Post
***,wow,cov,coh,potbs,guild wars, diablo....rarity????????
add EQ2 to that list they have mentoring system
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Quote:
add EQ2 to that list they have mentoring system
Thankyou! im sure we may even see many more that i havnt played, that have this system in place.
Why doesnt STO?

OH! add another! ****
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalidor View Post
Besides CoX and CO, what game does this type of thing appear in? It's not in WoW, DDO or Guild Wars (Unless they added it) and I can't think of any game I've ever seen it in besides the two superhero games.
Yea Im not aware of it being in other games either. But you did mention both CoX and CO. Both made by Cryptic. So its especially valid to bring it up in this case.

And I agree with the OP. Since Cryptic has done it before, and done it well, I'd like to see them do it again.