Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Lay off the sig, he probably forgot it was even there.

I heard Mr. Koenig's appeal to his son to please call yesterday. I think it's obvious he loved his son very much, and my deepest condolences go out to him.

I think this is great advice; I hope more people take it.
""If you're one of those people who ... can't handle it anymore," he said, breaking down in tears, "if you can learn anything from this is that there are people out there that really care. You may not think so, and ... ultimately, it may not be enough. But there are people who really, really care. And before you make that final decision, check it out again. Talk to somebody. And to families who have members who they fear are susceptible to this kind of behavior, don't ignore it, don't rationalize it. Extend a hand."
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Sad the the people that bring us joy sometimes live with, and in , so much pain

I will pray for them, and hope it makes a diff
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Did he drop any good loot?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinmeister View Post
Amazing. Simply amazing. I'm not sure if this warren't a medal or court martial, but this is definitely above and beyond..... something.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-25-2010, 11:27 PM
My empathy goes out to the father and mother. It is one of the hardest trials to have to endure, to bury your own child, regardless of age. May they remember more how he was and not how he chose to end it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
lol

why is this in STO discussion?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
I'm going to hell for it, but I LOLd.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGer View Post
lol

why is this in STO discussion?
Man I get that some people have a dark sense of humour but........sheesh......really guys? Could you not just show respect and leave your humour at the door in threads like these?

Probably an exercise in futility asking that but just boggles my noggin sometimes.....

RIP Andrew
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
I'm going to hell for it, but I LOLd.
You and me both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui View Post
I think this is great advice; I hope more people take it.
""If you're one of those people who ... can't handle it anymore," he said, breaking down in tears, "if you can learn anything from this is that there are people out there that really care. You may not think so, and ... ultimately, it may not be enough. But there are people who really, really care. And before you make that final decision, check it out again. Talk to somebody. And to families who have members who they fear are susceptible to this kind of behavior, don't ignore it, don't rationalize it. Extend a hand."
Same thing I was thinking when I first hit the boards and saw this thread tonight (just saw it on the news some 15 min ago). There really is no better advice for dealing with depression.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-26-2010, 12:10 AM
My household sends on it's condolences to the Koenig family and wishes them peace in their morning.

*Moment of Silence*

Thank you.