Lt. Commander
# 111
02-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Maybe they mean 1% of the total population of the planet, including non-players.

Maybe they counted NPCs.

Maybe they counted alts.

Maybe they counted all the CO players, none of whom are Admirals.

The real figure is at least 5%. But not much higher than that. If you looked just at the players who all logged on in the past 7 days the percentage would be more like 10-15% but if you take every single account there's no way it will be more than a few decimal points higher than 5%.
Lt. Commander
# 112
02-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
That's crazy. I've been playing since headstart, on average about 3 hours a day, and I'm Com 2. With work, paying at least some attention to the wife, and not dealing with kids, that is a serious investment of time.

You rear admirals make me think of the comic book guy from the simpsons. I know that probably isn't fair, but I can't imagine how you got there so fast without being basement dwellers.
er... I have a full time job, a family that I pay attn to and I also made RA5 about a week or so ago, and havnt been playing much since. So stop trying to tell everyone that they shouldnt be RA5 yet unless they played bla blah blah... You are just slow as hell at lvling your toon :p btw thats probly a good thing for you , wish I was that slow.
Lt. Commander
# 113
02-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuber
On what grounds are you doubting his numbers? Other than idle speculation and your own anecdotal research, that is...
This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbaroth
Anyone trying to make population deductions based on how many RA5 characters they see in-game are using a totally biased (in the mathmaticaly sense) method of sampling.

The players that have reached RA5 are, by definition, the ones that put in the most playing time, so they will natually be seen more frequently in-game than players who only play a "casual" amount.
And this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrillig
I think the posts in here are seriously out of touch with reality.

30-40 hours to RA5 from LT1? Not for your average player, not even close.

I'd be surprised if we were even at 5% admirals at this point.
And also this!
Lt. Commander
# 114
02-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddoxx View Post
Could also be that 1% is of all registered users, not just the active ones. There's probably a lot of accounts that are inactive now that still count towards the population of the game.
That's what I'm guessing.

Or maybe they're taking into account all characters. How many people made two characters and haven't leveled them both up to Admiral? Even if only half the population made a second (Klingon or Fed) character, the likelihood of both characters being Admiral (or equivalent) is likely incredibly low. Couple that with the (still large majority) of people not at Admiral and I'd guess 1% is realistic in that case. Again I'm assuming here, and we know what that does, but still -- benefit of the doubt.
Lt. Commander
# 115
02-25-2010, 11:55 PM
I've actually deleted an admiral 5 to make room for a different toon. but as i was reading through this thread it occured to me that if you add all the gold spammers you could have 1% admiral population. was just an after thought that made me chuckle.
Lt. Commander
# 116
02-25-2010, 11:57 PM
I still think the 1% is false. They prioritized endgame content as the next release of content. Why would they do that when so many other things can be done to the game? Why would they prioritize content for 1% of the player base over 99%?

That to me does not make the least bit of sense.