Lt. Commander
Has anyone considered the possibility that, when they add a difficulty slider, that the current setting IS the easiest setting allowable?

Has anyone considered this possibility, or did everyone just jump on the whining bandwagon? What if the current IS the easy setting, and you can only make the game HARDER with the slider?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 12:28 AM
That would be great. The game is WAY too easy at the moment.

I think the game should be made harder for everyone, period. No slider. I don't mean impossible, I just mean harder than it currently is.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Most games have modes very easy, easy, normal, hard, very hard or some form of that. This game is Very easy maybe a notch below that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 12:38 AM
I dont see what the point of the slider will be...

For leveling most people will put it on the easiest mode, because it will be the fastest... unless the people leveling are doing it for fun or something... I heard that the harder difficulties on the slider is supposed to give greater rewards... but how does that work for the storyline quests where xp and rewards are handed out when you turn in the quest...

And as for admiral level quests I dont see the point, atleast under the current content, but then again when the slider comes out so is more content...

As it stand I only see this being possibly usefull for exploration missions and you get XP when you complete the mission, not when you hail starfleet.

I know of only one other game that that implements a difficulty slider... and that would be DDO. And it was a decent system, the only issue is as I have stated, alot of quests in STO dont give you XP when you complete the instance, only when you hail starfleet.

I really dont see the point of the slider at all under the current system.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 01:05 AM
As long as the rewards are significantly greater for increased difficulty, I don't see a problem.
This must include the reward for *completing* the mission as well. However, they must ensure that one cannot simply go through the mission on easy, and change it to difficult at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amialis View Post
For leveling most people will put it on the easiest mode, because it will be the fastest... unless the people leveling are doing it for fun or something... I heard that the harder difficulties on the slider is supposed to give greater rewards... but how does that work for the storyline quests where xp and rewards are handed out when you turn in the quest...
Don't assume your method of play is everyone's. Some people want a bit more challenge than shooting fish in a barrel, and do not care about leveling speed.