Lt. Commander
It's really tiring to search on the planet for one small blinking element, no higher then grass, especially in foggy enviroment. Can we please then get true Starfleet tricorders, ya know, the ones that shows mission goals on the map? Riker or Kirk were never running around trying to find last sample of decalithium, they just used tricorders for that...

Maybe make a skill with long cooldown, that would show where are the mission elements, and then, you'd at least barely know where the things are
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 01:30 AM
The scan function already points you in the direction you need to run. Scan, turn to face and run straight. You may need to scan twice or maby even 3 times but any more then that then you need a bigger monitor or something.

What I remember of the shows is not them scanning and saying "its exactly right there" .. it was more like "scanner shows xxx in this direction or in this area"
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 01:31 AM
I just downloaded a nifty tricorder app for my Droid phone.

Ties into the phone's various sensors, including the accelerometer, the magnetic sensor, GPS, audio input, compass, etc. Pulls in feeds via internet of weather, solar conditions, etc. Ties it all together with a nice LCARS interface so I feel like I'm operating a ST tricorder.

Thought I'd share.

-np
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate
I just downloaded a nifty tricorder app for my Droid phone.

Ties into the phone's various sensors, including the accelerometer, the magnetic sensor, GPS, audio input, compass, etc. Pulls in feeds via internet of weather, solar conditions, etc. Ties it all together with a nice LCARS interface so I feel like I'm operating a ST tricorder.

Thought I'd share.

-np
/is really jealous

:p
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
The scan function already points you in the direction you need to run. Scan, turn to face and run straight. "
And when you get there you find it's buried in the ground and you can't target it to scan it

Yes this has happened to me.