Lt. Commander
# 71
01-30-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Metal View Post
Launch Steam and start a re download of STO. Let it get to like 1%... Shut down Steam. COPY not move the Star Trek Folder back in to the Steam common folder (When it asks to Over write say yes) Launch steam... Then Launch STO and if it works you should be 100% fine.
Unfortunately this isn't working, tried a couple of slight alterations as well as exactly as you wrote and each time when going back into Steam it re-deletes the files, then continues to download again.

Going to try again using the Steam shortcut this time to reopen Steam for the first time after a copy; will report back.

Ok this time its now started redownloading from 5.5GB upwards; about 25-40 min till finished. One of the files it specifically hates is "bins.hogg" as it deleted it and started downloading it again. I assume because it was altered by a Launcher patch.
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-30-2010, 05:00 AM
Well..........DL completed........ran launcher...........launcher then DL'd a 1.1gb patch..............then clicked engage............oops cryptic launcher crashed. now the launcher is DLing a 39mb patch.....................
Lt. Commander
# 73
01-30-2010, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowz85 View Post
Well..........DL completed........ran launcher...........launcher then DL'd a 1.1gb patch..............then clicked engage............oops cryptic launcher crashed. now the launcher is DLing a 39mb patch.....................
AND IT WORKS. Hang in there people. it is working. And with steam.........just go into the steam dir......find the common folder and create a shortcut for desktop from the STO Exe. works then.
Lt. Commander
# 74
01-30-2010, 05:53 AM
After the odd 5.5Gb & upward update it did (which made the file about 80-odd MB larger than the one I was using to copy), the launcher updates correctly to version .a10 (todays patch - 129MB) when running it directly from the folder as opposed to running from Steam.
Lt. Commander
# 75
02-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Love ya mate

Worked for me, but i don't have the steam version. I moved my director though to another drive.
Closed Thread