Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
We already did, and then we quit playing. Alternately, we were taking our time to level and cryptic came in and nerfed KDF exp by about 4/5ths and we don't feel like putting 20x more time into level than the equivalent fed.

We made our premade groups, we went into pvp and the enemy didn't even -try- to fight us. They refused to get better, and instead came to these boards complaining that their pugs were no match for our premade groups and that we needed to be handicapped for the situation to be fair.

Against the feds with better gear, better ships and more players, the kdf using white gear and crappy BOFFS due to scant training points beat them 15-0 time after time, even without cloaking. We are accused of exploiting, accused of being overpowered, accused of whatever lay at hand. Accused of just about everything except playing a good game.

So, really, we're just tired of it. It's not much fun, I'm sorry to say.

Maybe someday it will be. Someday, the feds won't spawn into the match 1-2 at a time presenting an irresistable target. Someday the feds will have all 5 players with full mental capacity.

Someday the feds will learn to use those juggernaut cruisers and vicious science ships and realize what their faction is really about.

Until then, you have the game the devs gave us, which isn't fun enough for us to spend the time providing content for you.
This brought a tear to my eye. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-25-2010, 12:59 AM
I already got to 42... I still pwn at pvp...I still farm for prplz, I still got tons of moneyz, yadayada BUT the only people I can play with are feds <who still suxxors and still lose all the time> who constantly try to report me and whine and QQ and say I hack and cheat and exploit and suck and ignore me and yadayada just becasue Im still winning... the only reason they are doing this NOW and werent earlier is becasue Klingons have become the target for nerdrage.. Cryptic actually listens to these idiots and WE DO GET NERFED... AND it is an insult to the t5 fed player if now.. after all this time, he is still gettin g PWNT by the same guy over and over again.

Im just sick of it...Oh ill ebter a pvp match everyonce in awhile but I havent even tried to reach 43, Im soo sick and tired of being griefed and harrassed and nerdraged at by t5 idiots with the ability to report whenever they want <have not had a problem with this btw as I dont cheat or hack etc>, its just lame to hear them say the same thing everytime "reported for hacking wont be seeing you in pvp again har har har"> When all I have doen is just play my f'n game....evidently if the feds dont win the game is imbalanced and needs to be nerfed until they do.

Now not every fedbear is like this some are pretty cool , ,some PWN me but of course they are NOT the majority here these other whiny little pos' are and Im sick of it. Its laming up my enjoyment it was fun to lol at them after they talk shizz and I just blew them up one on one,,, but then the ignores<which actually werent too bad> and the griefing and zone chat insults and speadin shizz just wouldnt stop its old... waaay old and its not somethin I can put up with 24/7.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-25-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
We already did, and then we quit playing. Alternately, we were taking our time to level and cryptic came in and nerfed KDF exp by about 4/5ths and we don't feel like putting 20x more time into level than the equivalent fed.

We made our premade groups, we went into pvp and the enemy didn't even -try- to fight us. They refused to get better, and instead came to these boards complaining that their pugs were no match for our premade groups and that we needed to be handicapped for the situation to be fair.

Against the feds with better gear, better ships and more players, the kdf using white gear and crappy BOFFS due to scant training points beat them 15-0 time after time, even without cloaking. We are accused of exploiting, accused of being overpowered, accused of whatever lay at hand. Accused of just about everything except playing a good game.

So, really, we're just tired of it. It's not much fun, I'm sorry to say.

Maybe someday it will be. Someday, the feds won't spawn into the match 1-2 at a time presenting an irresistable target. Someday the feds will have all 5 players with full mental capacity.

Someday the feds will learn to use those juggernaut cruisers and vicious science ships and realize what their faction is really about.

Until then, you have the game the devs gave us, which isn't fun enough for us to spend the time providing content for you.

Pritty much summed it all up right here.. nice post
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Im not going to touch on the insulting posts suggesting that klingon players and federation players are somehow not all the same type of human beings behind the character, and that either faction ship type is more powerful than the next, since klingons will say feds and feds will say klingons lol.

Id gladly make a klingon however if you didnt have to be a klingon for liberated borg, and didnt have super ugly ships I tried one to 21 and decided my ship was too ugly =\ Yes, im vain, thats why I drive a deep space science vessel instead of recon even tho its ungodly slow. Its prettier.

So, to sum it up, Gacht and Targs.

lazy -_-
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-25-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskwood
*snip* So, to sum it up, Gacht and Targs.

lazy -_-
Right, well, setting aside the insulting posts, it seems you skipped this part:

Quote:
*snip* ... cryptic came in and nerfed KDF exp by about 4/5ths and we don't feel like putting 20x more time into level than the equivalent fed.*
The rate at which you receive skill points in return for the time put in is much less than it is for fed. It's not lazy; it's exhaustion. And, to be clear, I don't have the history with this that other people do. I just started playing my Klink 4 days ago, so I had no idea about the nerfing of the xp rate. I have no axe to grind; I'm just telling you that, compared to my fed, I'm finding that leveling my Klink is much more of a grind and an exercise in persistence. So, please don't tell me I'm lazy (particularly in the context of a computer game, which is sort of... redundant... but you get what I mean).
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-25-2010, 07:38 AM
When i started in OB my intention was to play nothing but Klingon. After grinding PvP and Kahless long enough I decided I'll wait until the Klingons get more content. With the pitifull amount of experienced we now get from Kahless for killing 30 groups of Fed ships it is no longer any fun trying to level.

PvP, well, all the folks I enjoyed playing with are T5 and pugging as a Klingon is no good against Fed Cruisers and Science ships. If you're not in a pre-made group using voice comms the fedball is going to eat your lunch 9 out of 10 times.

Ground PvP without pre-made and voice is just a joke, it's unrealisticly stupid even when you win.

So I play my Fed a few hours a day, play at "crafting" and maybe once a week fly my T2 Klink. If we had a little ground PvE and some different space PvE to break teh monotony, and were able to level at nearly the same rate, and got something close to the same drops/points as Feds for the same amount of time spent then I'd play my Klingon. As it is I'm waiting to re-roll a Klingon Joined Trill captain. By the time I do I'll have a full load-out of good equipment at least thru T3.
Lt. Commander
the vast majority of Federation players have never cared about the lack of klingon content, customization, etc.
it was simply not their problem, it was not their faction.
now, our shortcomings have lead to a decrease in our overall numbers. our problem is now their problem.

and they
STILL
DONT
CARE
they don't want a better Klingon faction. they want end game gear. they don't want Klingons to pvp against, they want a sense of advancement.
that's what it boils down to. it's sad.

FvF is like putting a band-aid on a broken arm and calling it good.
you're not fixing anything. you're barely trying to save face.

this game has already trained it's players to lower their standards and settle for less.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2010, 02:05 AM
I posted an idea for mixed-tier PVP with ratings that matches players based on participation, which makes mixed-tier PVP possible. So no more waiting on a specific rank of players.

Check it out.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-26-2010, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskwood
Level up! There are like no games at t5 levels! Stop playing with your targs, and eating your gacht, and get to work! Jeeze.
We dont play T5 as we already have all T5 badge gear that is available and all ships with the gear ofc.

We play alts, or other games, until we get more content more reason to play.

As of now when 30 days are over, Klingon side will be dead. at 45 day mark if we get more content... not many will come back. its too late.