# 991 tada
02-25-2010, 07:12 PM
RIV + Synthale = Dotson
Lt. Commander
# 992
02-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHeroSTO
the link to the 1mb wallpaper doesnt work but the printer friendly version does.
nice job!
I've changed the link to the wallpaper to Google Docs.
It should be more reliable hopefully.

Thanks for letting me know!
Lt. Commander
# 993 yet another riv
02-25-2010, 09:09 PM
RIV + Bajoran Larish Pie = Stahl
Lt. Commander
# 994
02-25-2010, 09:24 PM
To all those complaining about the legibility of my latest flowchart, please take a look at the following text test. I'm trying to figure out what's the minimum size I can get away with and have things be satisfactory. Top row is the original ultra compressed version of the font, bottom row is the extra compressed. Columns are 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20 point. If anyone knows of some other appropriately trekish truetype fonts that are easier on the eyes, please point me to them.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...Y2U3OTM2&hl=en

This is just a test, and I make no guarantees I'll redo the chart since I'm not sure I can get it to fit if I bump up the scale too much.
Lt. Commander
# 995
02-25-2010, 11:12 PM
To me the 16pt on the bottom, or the 18pt on the top are the smallest two that don't require effort to read, wih the 18pt bottom actually being what I would choose. (followed by 16pt bottom, then 18pt top) The 16pt or smaller top and 14pt or smaller bottoms should not even be considered IMO. (14pt bottom isn't horrible, but would be for someone with bad eyesight)

TBH i'd much rather you find a readable font that fits than worry about making it a "trekish" font. If you find one, awsome. If not, it's no real loss as long as it's readable. The last couple versions, while very useful, have honestly been boarderline unreadable without effort, and I have very good eyesight. (I'd look at re-doing the lines as well, they god much more difficult to follow when you changed them to be trek themed)
Lt. Commander
# 996
02-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Google docs... don't works with the friendly. I'll try later.

Fantastic, amazing, superb, damn work by the way

Now, i will select from my tribble colleccion only the most fitted

Another question, anyone has noted if tribble eats the garbage we collect from the space? I had them in tiers of 50 and yesterday... well... there were less than 50...
Lt. Commander
# 997
02-26-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfniLuck
To all those complaining about the legibility of my latest flowchart, please take a look at the following text test. I'm trying to figure out what's the minimum size I can get away with and have things be satisfactory. Top row is the original ultra compressed version of the font, bottom row is the extra compressed. Columns are 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20 point. If anyone knows of some other appropriately trekish truetype fonts that are easier on the eyes, please point me to them.

This is just a test, and I make no guarantees I'll redo the chart since I'm not sure I can get it to fit if I bump up the scale too much.
The second row, 4th entry from the left looks fine.

Regarding tribbles, I'm hoping for a tripplestat one in one of the next patches, not that it would be attainable now...

Obviously we seem to have covered all the known so far. Also, I'm wondering where the wiki poster got the pic of the missing tribble? Going through the gamefiles?

BTW, here my babies
http://yfrog.com/j1tribblovij
Lt. Commander
# 998
02-26-2010, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfniLuck

Well, my eyes aren't the greatest but at first glance with no adjustment, that my eyes automatically do at lengthy reading sessions, the bottom right 3 and top right 1 are the most legible to my dodgy eyes rofl.
Lt. Commander
# 999
02-26-2010, 06:33 AM
I cant access neither version, I get the error message permission denyed when I try to download.

Are there restrictions on from what country the document can be accessed? I am from Germany.
Lt. Commander
# 1000
02-26-2010, 06:52 AM
No, there are no restrictions on the documents.
They are available for all. Even I can't access the documents at the moment... very strange.

I'm going to find somewhere to mirror these documents so if you are getting the 403 Forbidden error try back in a few hours, the original post will have mirror links that hopefully will stay working.