Lt. Commander
# 1 Medical Generator & BO AI
02-12-2010, 09:14 AM
I hate to say it, but this skill sucks for trying to keep your BO from using it. Even after right clicking the skill to make it player controlled the stupid BO CONTINUES to drop it every time it cools down, leaving my Medical Generator in the hall around the corner when I'm in the middle of a fire fight.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 09:45 AM
YES! It seems like ALL he does is run around and try to deploy that damn generator. I'm not even sure if he's using his other skills in battle.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 10:26 AM
No, I haven't found that. My BOs use theirs ok. Not just the Medical Generator, either, but the Shield Generator and Phaser Turret, too.

They only use them during battle, and coupled with my own, make quite a defensive set-up!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 10:37 AM
I have the same issue, I've been contemplating swapping out the skill even. He drops the med gen as soon as we beam down , he also seems to drop it like right after we end a combat phase, which means its in the spot we've already cleared and not the next spot where combat will happen next.

its very annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 11:40 AM
I took the skill away from my BO. He was abusing his ability placing it every 60 seconds regardless of the conditions. Perhaps he was doing it on purpose because he hated the skill and wanted me to change it out :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Mine is doing this. I submitted a bug report, but this is very, very annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
Mine is doing this. I submitted a bug report, but this is very, very annoying.
I came in just now to search on this exact subject. I just got the skill on one of my two engineering officers and it appears to be on auto-cast. Even if we are running down a hallway, she will stop and make the generator, then it's on cooldown for however long. The second it's back up, she deploys it again, it doesn't matter where my team is, or whether or not we are in combat.

The same officer has the Phaser Turret skill and she only ever uses that one in combat, so no issues there. My other engineer has Shield Generator and now the Mortar skill and these are also used correctly. It's only with the Medical generator that the game gets wacky. It's not as if my team really needs it yet anyway, I have one dedicated science officer on heals and we usually don't have any trouble in combat. Maybe I'll change it out too until it gets fixed.

Anyway, thanks to everyone, at least I know it's not just me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2010, 06:13 PM
I get the same thing also. It has made me want to change it from the BO. I get to the area for combat and I have to wait for that BO because it has dropped like 5 of them on the way there.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2010, 06:34 PM
I have had this issue as well, changing the skill out seems to stop it for me, its a pain since you have to learn something different first in order to relearn the skill, but even after i got my shield generator swapped and I thought all was well, he decided then to start dropping turrets.

Moral of the story, thank god i am an engineer and can just leave the IA engineer on ship.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2010, 07:10 AM
All four of my away team officers are engineers and I haven't encountered this problem. Granted I don't use any medical generators, just phaser turrets. Guess I've been lucky so far!