Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
Does anyone know what the difference is between Auxiliary to Structural Integrity I, II, and III? I'm assuming that either the resist improves, the amount healed improves, or the heal over time improves. Perhaps all of them. Perhaps none of them. I wouldn't know because the power doesn't actually provide that sort of useful information. Thank you, Cryptic.

Also, does anyone know the difference between Extend Shields I, II, and III? I know the resistance bonus improves, but what about the shield regeneration?

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 01:48 PM
And on that note, if anyone knows what improves between the ranks of Emergency Power to Shields I, II, and III, I'd appreciate that as well. I know the first rank offers 281 shield regeneration over 2 seconds, +10 power to shields for 30 seconds, and 9% damage reduction for 30 seconds, but I haven't been able to spot the higher ranks for comparison on the exchange or BO vendor.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 01:49 PM
I posted in a similar request a couple days ago, there's no comprehensive list of ranked abilities yet (that I'm aware of).

Something like what Dalnar did here, but for every ability:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ight=emergency

I love Extend Shields, but I'd really like to know if it's worth a higher rank!

-HD

Edit - Dalnar answers your second question.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomelessDepot View Post
I posted in a similar request a couple days ago, there's no comprehensive list of ranked abilities yet (that I'm aware of).

Something like what Dalnar did here, but for every ability:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ight=emergency

-HD

Edit - Dalnar answers your second question.
Thanks much for that link. That definitely answers one of the three questions I had.

Quote:
there's no comprehensive list of ranked abilities yet (that I'm aware of).
And no kidding, right? I've spent a stupid amount of time researching the difference between a few skills because I've had to hunt for the answers on the forums and on the vendors+exchange. On several skills the tooltips are incomplete and lacking any useful information. It's pretty ridiculous. I don't want to spend my gaming time hunting down basic gameplay information; I want to use it to play the game.

Whoever is responsible for the powers (I get the feeling it's Gecko from CoH, because vague power descriptions and missing data are completely his style) really should spend some time going over all the skills and making sure all the necessary information is there: descriptions of the abilities, the actual numerical values, the skills that modify the abilities, etc... basically things you should have finished before launch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Oh, and to answer part of your question, I know Extend Shields 1 gives a 15% shield damage reduction. Extend Shields 2 gives a 20% reduction. I assume Extend Shields 3 gives a 25% reduction, but I haven't seen one to know for sure. However, Extend Shields regenerates shielding and I'll be darned if I know how much at its base or how it changes between the ranks. Again, another lacking tooltip.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
Oh, and to answer part of your question, I know Extend Shields 1 gives a 15% shield damage reduction. Extend Shields 2 gives a 20% reduction. I assume Extend Shields 3 gives a 25% reduction, but I haven't seen one to know for sure. However, Extend Shields regenerates shielding and I'll be darned if I know how much at its base or how it changes between the ranks. Again, another lacking tooltip.
Thanks, Combadge.

-HD
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2010, 02:46 PM
By any chance have you figured out which three skills modify Extend Shields? I think Starship Shield Efficiency is one of them, but I don't know the other two.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2010, 02:58 PM
That's the only one I'm aware of, too. It isn't listed on the spreadsheet yet, which (I'm assuming) is incomplete.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...cG0l5gqQ&hl=en

-HD

Edit: Com, I was thinking about the lack of decent skill information, and how you have to hunt for player generated information (which often comes through painful trial and error). More than just a lack of polish, as a developer, I think you're so close to the core material that it's difficult to imagine the perspective of a brand new player. It's like they forgot to have somebody go through everything and say, 'hey, how the hell are they supposed to know [whatever] does [whatever]?'

It's kind of funny actually, in a sad way - everything must be so painfully obvious to the person who created the system, and yet so frustratingly cryptic to the casual player. Also, the UI design is downright painful.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 08:19 AM
I imagine that's the case. However, at some point before beta there had to be internal playtests at the company, and I find it difficult to imagine that nobody dropped the comment that the powers needed more documentation (as they would have been in the same boat as us at first). Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the information was available internally.

Meanwhile.. I have absolutely zero idea as to what skills modify Aceton Field.