Lt. Commander
# 11
02-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post

--snip--

I am rather disappointed in the Star Trek Online community as a whole. This does not befit the mentality of what I thought a Star Trek fan would act like.

--snip
These forums are not a sample of the Star Trek Online community. Your best bet, and what happens in most games that have as much WoW fallout, is to start your own board and restrict it to players in good standing, and moderate the forum hard.

Open forums are filled with non-players, trolls, and the like. After a year or so, the fanboys start to appear. The result: lots of noise, no signal.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2010, 03:00 PM
too bad...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2010, 03:01 PM
OP should try to send a discreet call for help for the police to come arrest the person holding him hostage and making him read these threads that distress him so.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleysRule
OP should try to send a a discreet call for help for the police to come arrest the person holding him hostage and making him read these threads that distress him so.
I LOL'ed at this :p:p:p:p
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw
I LOL'ed at this :p:p:p:p
X2

/10chars
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Didn't read the wall of text, all I saw was quit, forums, and gibberish. I conclude that this is a whining about whiners post. Didn't we cover this in the forum paradox thread?

/injects red matter into the core of the thread
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Another one of these.

Well here's some truth. People are people. Humanity has nit changed since Rodenberry created his space utopia. Just the words we use to insult each other.

That's the problem. Star Trek was a unilateral utopia and vision of what could be without conflict. A fantasy.

Just the fact that you have decided to become another unelected moral arbiter of the forums is going to create friction with those people posting here who quite rightly don't believe that you have the right to tell them how you want the forums to work.

You have a community divided both by age and culture. In fact the only common ground is a fictional story that some people take a little too seriously. Are you truly expecting it to work like a Disney feature?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleysRule
OP should try to send a discreet call for help for the police to come arrest the person holding him hostage and making him read these threads that distress him so.
*dies laughing*