Lt. Commander
# 1011
02-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yargnit View Post
(I'd look at re-doing the lines as well, they god much more difficult to follow when you changed them to be trek themed)
Really? I found the lines much easier to follow with the new format. They're closer together and the colors group things nicely.
Lt. Commander
# 1012
02-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaTau
No, there are no restrictions on the documents.
They are available for all. Even I can't access the documents at the moment... very strange.

I'm going to find somewhere to mirror these documents so if you are getting the 403 Forbidden error try back in a few hours, the original post will have mirror links that hopefully will stay working.
Hmm weird, I just tried my link on my tribble page and it worked fine. Maybe googledocs was busy with the servers as these kind of companies are. The link I am using is http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9aT...QyMzE1NTk4MjU5 and should stay working until you change the document there again.
Lt. Commander
# 1013
02-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfniLuck
To all those complaining about the legibility of my latest flowchart, please take a look at the following text test. I'm trying to figure out what's the minimum size I can get away with and have things be satisfactory. Top row is the original ultra compressed version of the font, bottom row is the extra compressed. Columns are 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20 point. If anyone knows of some other appropriately trekish truetype fonts that are easier on the eyes, please point me to them.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...Y2U3OTM2&hl=en

This is just a test, and I make no guarantees I'll redo the chart since I'm not sure I can get it to fit if I bump up the scale too much.
I am sorry, I know you are trying to give it a trek look but that font you are using is awful at small sizes. Use Square 721 font. Its a font that is used by star trek and is legible at small sizes.
Here is a sample sheet:
http://www.wolfiesden.com/public/SQR721DN.TTF.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 1014 Weirdness
02-26-2010, 12:06 PM
This is wierd I just equipped my Velasquez into my belt used it and now i have a 7 minute recharge!? Glitch obviously but kinda wonder if it's showing me a breeding recharge time instead?

Anyway it's wierd thought i'd report it to ya all
Lt. Commander
# 1015
02-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiesden
I am sorry, I know you are trying to give it a trek look but that font you are using is awful at small sizes. Use Square 721 font. Its a font that is used by star trek and is legible at small sizes.
Here is a sample sheet:
http://www.wolfiesden.com/public/SQR721DN.TTF.jpg
Thanks. Found a condensed version of that which should do nicely at 12 or 14 point. Will run some more tests when I get home tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 1016
02-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwilow View Post
This is wierd I just equipped my Velasquez into my belt used it and now i have a 7 minute recharge!? Glitch obviously but kinda wonder if it's showing me a breeding recharge time instead?

Anyway it's wierd thought i'd report it to ya all
I sometimes get reuse timers when I first equip the tribbles. Haven't seen one after using it.
Lt. Commander
# 1017
02-26-2010, 01:21 PM
I've seen different reuse timers on tribbles myself, I just figured they were based on breed, but never went and tried to see if there was anything else to them.

I've seen timers from ~6 seconds to a few minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 1018
02-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran_Tatsuuchi View Post
I've seen different reuse timers on tribbles myself, I just figured they were based on breed, but never went and tried to see if there was anything else to them.

I've seen timers from ~6 seconds to a few minutes.
I keep a Tuff, a Vel, and a Zin in my belt, and they appear to all trigger a ~6 second cooldown on tribble usage. It might possibly vary with breed.
Lt. Commander
# 1019
02-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Awesome chart! I hope you don't mind that I have used it.

http://www.wetwyered.com/ptc-sto/diagrams.html
Lt. Commander
# 1020
02-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfniLuck
Really? I found the lines much easier to follow with the new format. They're closer together and the colors group things nicely.
My personal opinion is that they look kinda like a tangled mess currently. (too much line not enough space in between lines) But maybe that's just me. Having every bit of free space taken by food listings doesn't help the cause either.

Have you ever considered going to 2 pages? One with the chart layout, and the second listing foods needed? (Just labeling the lines A, B, C, etc to connect the two) Another possibility would be to drop PDF format and go to a simple image file, then you don't have to limit the size to just a page.