Lt. Commander
# 1 Pathing.
02-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Of all the things that people are going on and on about in the complaints department, I'm hearing a surprisingly small percentage of people taking issue with the incredibly bad pathing in indoor away missions.

I'm getting so sick of running back to unstick half my officers from columns.

And what's with running backwards or sideways when I push forward while locked onto a target? I use a bat'leth more or less exclusively, it's a bit of a pain when I can't seem to run in the direction of my opponent.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
If it helps, I have found that if you try setting a rally point, this helps unstick them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 02:34 PM
I wish we could toggle which away team member we control. It would make positioning and pathing easer. Had my officers fall through the world the other day chasing bugged mobs. /sigh
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Thank you, I'll try that out next time I'm on an away mission!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparquis
I wish we could toggle which away team member we control. It would make positioning and pathing easer. Had my officers fall through the world the other day chasing bugged mobs. /sigh
Wow, that's a new one on me!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparquis
You can set rally points for each individual BO, if thatís what you mean.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
If it helps, I have found that if you try setting a rally point, this helps unstick them.
Yea this does help. Especially in outdoor areas. It doesnt always work indoors but its definitely worth trying before going running off trying to fetch a bof thats stuck humping a wall back down the hallway.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
This, nobody is complaining because we already know how to get our people wherever we want them.

I almost never have my away team run around mindlessly. I prefer to tell them specifically where to go so we have the best defense position possible in every situation.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 03:23 PM
yeah, most of the trouble I had with BOffs getting stuck was when I ran around looking for anomalies or crates. I just set them to a rally point, did my futzing around, then un-rallied them when I was ready to go forward.