Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Line View Post
I've never noticed any sort of Expose effect on myself while deploying any of these things. Where did you get that from?
Sorry, I shoulda chose my words more carefully. You're "vulnerable" to weapon fire while your toon freezes in place for seconds as you drop a deployable.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2010, 05:03 AM
Ah.
But then the trick question is ... are you any more vulnerable than usual when you deploy fabricated generators? I can understand your point in the context of PvP where "movement is life" because you simply never want to "park" for anything in PvP ... but in a PvE context, I'm failing to understand how you can be any "more vulnerable" to enemy action(s) while deploying generators.

Now, if you mean that deploying generators takes more than a few seconds ... precious seconds that could be used for "opportunity fire" using your own weapons ... and that there is a zero-sum-game analysis which concludes that the time spent on deploying fabricated generators is lost DPS which could have ended your current combat encounter in less time with no loss in survivability ... therefore the deployed generators are not "helping you ENOUGH" to pull their own weight in terms of lost time and opportunities during combat ... and therefore increase your vulnerability to PvE hostiles relative to what you could have done if you had not spent the time deploying them ...

... well ...
... that's a different argument from the one I'm making.

Not to say it doesn't have MERIT ... because I can easily imagine situations and scenarios where it does, simply because the buffs from fabrications ARE WEAK, and therefore may not be "worth" their cost in opportunity time lost in deploying them. But that's a concern which is tangential to the one I'm trying to make in this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2010, 01:14 PM
My only annoyance with them is my BO fabricates them no matter what we are doing... which means she's often the one that gets left behind when I move on from a location and then gets stuck on corners and what not. I wish I could easily order her to not generate them (while not interfering with her other commands) and then order her to fabricate them at my request.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2010, 03:29 PM
I've not had a problem with my Engineering BOffs dropping shield generators whenever the cooldown completes. They'll do it on their own initiative once combat (ie. Red Alert) is joined, but "out of combat" they don't drop the shield generators. Ought to be promoting them to LtC rank tonight and we'll see if they drop the medical generators at every cooldown or not.

If the Engineering BOffs are automatically spawning medical generators every time the skill completes cooldown ... Red Alert or not ... then that's going to be a bug which should be very easy for the Devs to fix.

Obviously they should be spawned "on command" by mouseclick on icons when out of combat, but only on "auto" while in combat.