Lt. Commander
# 1 Belkin N52TE keybinding issue
02-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Hey all,
I tried searching for this already but I couldn't find info, so if is already posted I apoligize.

I recently purchased a N52Te and am having some issues. It is losing the keybings for the directional pad which I have mapped to WASD. It seems to slip into the default setting where it distributes shield power insead of making the assigned movement.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 02:15 PM
I also have an n52te and can verify that it is /not/ the game causing your d-pad to malfunction...I've had no issues getting any of the buttons to bind properly. I have my d-pad bound to the arrow keys to strengthen shields in space and several varied functions on the ground. This even includes slash commands (e.g. "/walk 1")...although it did take a bit of doing to get the macro to type out properly. (the device has a tendency to send input faster than the game can respond to it)

One tip I can think of is to try downloading drivers from Logitech's site, if u haven't already. I did have some issues with the drivers on the included disc when i first got the device, but the latest drivers from the site cleared up the issue. My issues were primarily with creating complex macros, but the new drivers do work much better overall.

Also, and I only mention this because u say u recently got the device, you should verify that other games do not have the same issue if you haven't already. If it has the same problem with other games, your unit might be bad.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by technophile View Post
One tip I can think of is to try downloading drivers from Logitech's site, if u haven't already. I did have some issues with the drivers on the included disc when i first got the device, but the latest drivers from the site cleared up the issue. My issues were primarily with creating complex macros, but the new drivers do work much better overall.

Also, and I only mention this because u say u recently got the device, you should verify that other games do not have the same issue if you haven't already. If it has the same problem with other games, your unit might be bad.
Try Belkin.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 04:21 PM
I will check Belkins site and see if there are any updates. I am trying to use the DPAD to fly my ship in combat, thats where I am having the issues. What did you use for the NE/NW/SE/SW keybinds?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 04:34 PM
argh, yeah belkin...dunno y i was thinking logitech.

ne, nw, etc...i don't have bound to anything atm.