Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-26-2010, 06:52 AM
I think my number one concern currently is the animations. Other stuff needs fixing too, but when you knock someone down then suddenly they appear standing up, then down... Ehh, maybe it's not the number one but it's really annoying. Combat wise if shields and hp were halfed, or 1/3 but maybe if there was a defense bonus for 'aiming' (not sure if there already is) and an added bonus if you're behind an object, which would be like artificial cover. Not sure if they're planning on adding a full cover system because I really think too much stuff game-engine wise would need to be changed. But if there were an artificial cover system, so that at least you wouldn't be sitting in the middle of an open hallway exchanging fire with an enemy who's doing the same...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2010, 07:26 AM
What I do, when missions are not 'kill 5 patrols' but more like 'click 5 things' that are surround by mobs, I just put a gather point where the mobs are so the BOs go there, and while they're busy fighting each other, I go ahead and tag the clicky and move away to the next point, recalling my BOs. If I don't *have* to fight a ground combat, I won't. Not only it's not fun, but (just as in space) there is no challenge whatsoever.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2010, 11:49 AM
I actually enjoy ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Here is what we all need to keep in mind, 1.) STO was officially launched a little more than 3 weeks ago. It's a NEW MMO. 2.) Just as it was when World of ******** was released, there were MANY bugs/issues that people wanted fixed, and in time, blizzard fixed and added features. 3.) I don't think cryptic would spend as much money as it has making the game if they didn't have any intention of adding new content and fixing current content Basically, if you want a polished MMO then you need to play EVE or EQ/WoW.
Lt. Commander
I'm Captain 7 and have to date spent ZERO skill points on ground officer abilities. The only ground abilities I spent points on myself were at low level because I maxed everything else out!

Ground combat is not a challenge at all. It seems a shame I can get through ground combat without having spent any BO points on ground skills.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Roboto
Here is what we all need to keep in mind, 1.) STO was officially launched a little more than 3 weeks ago. It's a NEW MMO. 2.) Just as it was when World of ******** was released, there were MANY bugs/issues that people wanted fixed, and in time, blizzard fixed and added features. 3.) I don't think cryptic would spend as much money as it has making the game if they didn't have any intention of adding new content and fixing current content Basically, if you want a polished MMO then you need to play EVE or EQ/WoW.
Nothing will ever get fixed if people don't complain. I'm sticking with the game because I enjoy it, but I'd enjoy it even more if the ground combat didn't suck so hard.

And personally, I couldn't care less about PVP -- I tend to avoid it in MMORPGs anyway (if I wanted a good PVP game, I'd go back to playing Starcraft). That's not to say I don't enjoy a good co-op, but fighting other players just doesn't do it for me.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Decoupling the Hold associated with the Expose mechanic would go a long way in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthrider View Post
I enjoy it as is. It's slow and tedius if you mash buttons and take random BOs and weapons, and quick and full of action if you strategically use BOs, weapon switching, kits and positioning (aka, using the tactical mechanics of the game).
Agreed..I actually skip the space missions for ground combat. Even with changes and fixes "ground vs. space" will always be an issue. I think that you should be able to set your prefrence. So those who like ground will get more ground missions and those who like space will get more space missions.....
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Priority Number 1 for me: allowing avatar to turn while targeting an opponent. Ground combat would be saved for me if this could finally happen. I'll never understand why they re-map my L and R turns into redundant strafes.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
Will any of these things happen? Possibly. Cryptic do appear to listen to what the community has to say after all; doesn't mean they will always act on it of course (but really, does anyone like the holds?).
Making minor changes to ground combat I can believe. Making a major revision? Not gonna happen. Cryptic practices minimalist programming, they will not make major changes to anything.