Lt. Commander
This is becoming a real problem. I am now a Admiral and I still haven't been able to break into trier 3 crafting. And now I can't get MK IV and VI drops. I just did a Exploration mission into the Hromi Cluster which is a 2 order badges and my drops were MK VIII and MK IX. They should be no more then MK VI drops. The drops are leveling up with my rank, this is not good. How can you craft if you can't get the appropriate drops. If a mission or Star Cluster mission should not level up.

And I have put over 300K value in engineer trier 2 crafting and still have not crack engineer trier 3. Other in my fleet who are crafting are starting to believe that there is no way to get to trier 3. This needs a lot of work.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 05:17 PM
The crafting and scaling is a real problem, the only real way to get items atm is to do dse's and hope you can fight appropriate level ships before it starts to increase their level but then you have the problem of increasing the enemy levels in the dse which affects low level players on those missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
This is becoming a real problem. I am now a Admiral and I still haven't been able to break into trier 3 crafting. And now I can't get MK IV and VI drops. I just did a Exploration mission into the Hromi Cluster which is a 2 order badges and my drops were MK VIII and MK IX. They should be no more then MK VI drops. The drops are leveling up with my rank, this is not good. How can you craft if you can't get the appropriate drops. If a mission or Star Cluster mission should not level up.

And I have put over 300K value in engineer trier 2 crafting and still have not crack engineer trier 3. Other in my fleet who are crafting are starting to believe that there is no way to get to trier 3. This needs a lot of work.
Getting the drops would take years. Currently, you need literally millions of credits to get to tier 3.

100K in value of crafted items to level up Tactical
400K in value of crafted items to level up Engineering and Science

I'll copy and paste from another thread:

To unlock the Tactical tier requires:
100k Item value worth of trades.
Most cost effective trade-in: 19x Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk IV turn-ins

To unlock the Science tier requires:
400k Item value worth of trades.
Most cost effective trade-in: 17x Deflector Array Mk IV (4x plasma sample, tetryon particle and encoded data, 3x alien artifact, mineral sample and radiation sample / turn in)

To unlock the Engineering tier requires:
Most cost effective trade-in(s): 17x Hyper Impulse / Combat impulse engines Mk IV

To open up the tiers earlier if you have a couple of friends willing to help, farm and pool all your resources to unlock 1 of each type of shop per person. This works because the trade-in rewards are not bind on pickup, but rather, bind on equip. Person 1: Tactical: Person 2: Engineering: Person 3: Science. for anything you may need / want from the vendors you personally didn't unlock, just trade the corresponding materials to the individual with access to trade in to get the item for you. If you choose to unlock the remaining vendors afterward on your own, happy farming!

Khazan Cluster, Afehir Nebula = Optimal farming spots for light blue / green anomalies

Rolor Nebula = Optimal farming spot for blue / tan anomalies

B'tran = optimal farming spot for Purple anomalies

Delta Volanis = optimal farming spot for red anomalies

Red Anomalies - Alien Artifact, Mineral Sample, Radiation Sample
Light Blue Anomalies - Antimatter Samples, Biological Samples, Unkown Alloy
Green Anomalies - Plasma Sample, Tetryon Particle, Encoded Data
Blue Anomalies - DNA Sequence, Methogenic Particle, Genetic Sequencer
Tan Anomalies - Tachyon Wave Signature, Exobiological Data, Photonic Technology
Purple Anomalies - Chronometric Wave Signature, Unidentified Substance, Technical Schematic
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamGoddessLindsey View Post
Getting the drops would take years. Currently, you need literally millions of credits to get to tier 3.
Quote:
100K in value of crafted items to level up Tactical
400K in value of crafted items to level up Engineering and Science
I got Engineering a few hours ago and you're right it did take about 400K. I had to buy 4 more engines from the exchange.

Quote:
I'll copy and paste from another thread:

To unlock the Tactical tier requires:
100k Item value worth of trades.
Most cost effective trade-in: 19x Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk IV turn-ins

To unlock the Science tier requires:
Most cost effective trade-in: 17x Deflector Array Mk IV (4x plasma sample, tetryon particle and encoded data, 3x alien artifact, mineral sample and radiation sample / turn in)

To unlock the Engineering tier requires:
Most cost effective trade-in(s): 17x Hyper Impulse / Combat impulse engines Mk IV
I'll try your suggestions. I have plenty of data samples it's just the stuff to craft.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah, and the stuff to get off the exchange costs obscenely ridiculous prices.