Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2010, 04:50 PM
I acutall never heard of Del Taco until i started playing this game
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-25-2010, 04:55 PM
It was a boneheaded move if i ever saw one. Seriously, Del Taco was the best they could get with all the fast food joints that are available?

May as well slapped it on some Mr.Pibb, either way it almost cuts out the Midwest even getting one.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-25-2010, 05:40 PM
They were on Ebay at game launch for as low as $3.50 US. Just pay with paypal and they sent the code in email. I got one for the 48hr trial to see if I liked the game.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2010, 05:57 PM
it costs less than 2 dollars US to get the cup wtih the code on it.

This code is 100% useless though , it is just a complete waste of an inventory slot
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-25-2010, 10:03 PM
For those who really wants a shuttlepod badly, you can just check ebay...

I think one listing I saw was $3.95 for the code and the guy had like 200? Basically you get the code and the seller gets his taco meal #2

What does it do exactly? LIke stat boost? It'll do 1 pt of phaser dmg every 20 mins? anything?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-25-2010, 10:39 PM
it does nothing other than follow you until a fight starts, also put one on the runabout and fly all over sol buzzing people it's childish stupid and fun as hell
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCPRO View Post
in a way im happy that im not the only 1, but im sorry for u
You're not the only one. I live in Australia so no hope for me either.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2010, 06:45 AM
i found out a way to get a code. go on facebook if u got it and join the del taco fan group. i asked last night for a star trek code and someone sent me one so there are good people around

facebook - del taco fan group - code.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microidle View Post
It was a boneheaded move if i ever saw one. Seriously, Del Taco was the best they could get with all the fast food joints that are available?

May as well slapped it on some Mr.Pibb, either way it almost cuts out the Midwest even getting one.
Mr. Pibb? Mr. Pibb is made by Coke and has been around since '72.

Bonehead? It was genious! Del taco wasn't the "best choice", it was an agreement between the two companies. It's not like they set out and said "Who can we get to give thse codes away to?" and set out to find a company to push them. There are deal to work through, manufacturing cost, cup design changes, code genereation and a slew of issue that occur behind the scenes. Working with a midsize company is perfect. Plus, the amount of attention Del Taco has received from this is awesome to say the least. Maximizing sales and increase traffic flow to Del Taco.

there are also no Del Tacos in my state either so I've had to rely on others.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
Mr. Pibb? Mr. Pibb is made by Coke and has been around since '72.

Bonehead? It was genious! Del taco wasn't the "best choice", it was an agreement between the two companies. It's not like they set out and said "Who can we get to give thse codes away to?" and set out to find a company to push them. There are deal to work through, manufacturing cost, cup design changes, code genereation and a slew of issue that occur behind the scenes. Working with a midsize company is perfect. Plus, the amount of attention Del Taco has received from this is awesome to say the least. Maximizing sales and increase traffic flow to Del Taco.

there are also no Del Tacos in my state either so I've had to rely on others.
Indeed, it's brilliant....cutting out the European and Midwest U.S. market was a stroke of pure logic if i ever saw one.

Yes, i know....Ebay....only a shuttle....got it. The thing is that this was advertising for Cryptic and it was the wrong move even by U.S. standards. You do realize that they didn't have to put them on cups, yes? All that was needed was to put the code of a piece of paper with the gray scratch-off they use through a MAJOR chain...not one that deals only in the the western part of the U.S.

Pibb can't be bought here either.