Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I replied to another thread but wanted to start a new one on how this game already has a death penalty.

Two words Crystaline entity.

If you keep dying there the entity NEVER dies. That's the death penalty, if you keep dying and being reckless the mission will NEVER get done.

I hear people complaining that they tried to kill it for an hour and couldn't and had to give up.

Seems like there's a penalty there for dieing isn't there?

I tried killing it people kept dieing we were being penalized. I switched instances and finally won it.

now don't touch the existing missions so the levelers and new people are happy, but new fleet actions and raidisodes can use the already existing death penaly.


Heres how. Its been said that the first r-sode will have 2 sub bossed and a main boss.

Team gets to first boss. theres 3 heavy tactical, 2 medical, 5 drones, and suboss, also on the ground theres the borg node (seen in other missions) If you don't kill the node it keeps rezzing the enemies, but it you kill the node it doesn't explode it just says "disabled"

Now you disable the node and fight the borg. group kills them all except the subboss and 2 heavy tacticals.
If they beat them they get a new respawn point and they never come back. If the lose then they respawn at the previous point, node regenerates, rezzes the fallen borg and you got to try again.

The penalty is you NEVER get the mission done if you keep dieing. Eventually you'll have to give up and find a new team.

Since you keep dieing, missions never done and you never get the loot.

Thats the already EXISTING death penaly. Just implement it more, no need for stupid debuffs or exp loss or god forbid bo loss.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Please post in the other thread on this subject sorry but trying to read all the threads about the same issues is stupid and just floods forums with unneeded threads.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvin
Please post in the other thread on this subject sorry but trying to read all the threads about the same issues is stupid and just floods forums with unneeded threads.

Sorry but your wrong. this thread is different. Other threads are for and against type topics. This is a suggestion thread for a death penalty that is ALREADY implemented.

Bet you didn't read my whole post?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-26-2010, 09:12 AM
bumping so devs see it, I can't believe you people, no comments, everyone wants and outlandishly bad death penalty or they come up with some convoluted one.

I on the other hand have the most simple and easy to implement on whats ALREADY in game. Just expand it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaki
If you keep dying there the entity NEVER dies. That's the death penalty,
Thats just bull....

CE isnt a good example either because it just states the INABILITY of Crpytic for balance. EVERYTHING is ****easy in STO except for CE. Thats one of the reasons why groups dont manage. They are not used to high difficulty because STO just dont got such usually.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker
Thats just bull....

CE isnt a good example either because it just states the INABILITY of Crpytic for balance. EVERYTHING is ****easy in STO except for CE. Thats one of the reasons why groups dont manage. They are not used to high difficulty because STO just dont got such usually.
See I disagree with you for a couple reasons,

1) One it struck a cord with you, invoked some feeling, sounds like you had trouble finishing the entity. You got penalised, also pug groups do manage cause I killed it with a pug numerous times, but failed alot of times too (the penalty for people dieing)

2)if groups can't manage. THEY LEARN to manage. I've seen it first hand with the entity.

First part of the game is learning the basics, then If you CHOOSE, entity and hopefuly future bosses, fleet actions and raidisodes use the already existing penaly.

Sorry everyone couldn't be as leet as you and instantly beat the crystal entity when you decided to do it.
Seems like the death penalty right there. Probably took you a couple tries.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaki
(the penalty for people dieing)
yea and because not finishing the quest is the only penalty in this case ppl will always die.... if there actually was a death penalty which would hurt ppl would be much more trying to stay alive on CE or just stop trying which would make it possible for those who can stay alive to manage to finish it.

But the discussion has an end now anyways since the DP is on the shedule already.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-26-2010, 07:46 PM
See, the CE is an example of a BAD DP...

It inflicts harm on the people who are doing things correctly (thus keeping them from completing.)

It doesn't teach the stupid idiot who keeps dying that he should...I dunno...stop being a stupid idiot and not die anymore.

The purpose of a DP is to keep YOU from dying, not to punish OTHERS for staying alive and playing correctly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyias View Post
die anymore.

The purpose of a DP is to keep YOU from dying, not to punish OTHERS for staying alive and playing correctly.
Funny... I always thought the purpose was to slow players down so they have to sub another month. I never knew they were the path to self-actualization
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:05 PM.