Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Modulate energy frenquencies(?) on the weapons abilities also give shield bypass...

As do a number of the weapon types are higher tiers...
Directed Energy Modulation is what you're referring to. I use it all the time when I see someone pop RSP. Aceton Field will also cause damage without hitting the shields. If you can get both of those running along with Feedback Pulse, most targets will die fast, especially if they use beams.

Overuse of Feedback Pulse is actually why I run Turrets+Cannons on my Vor'cha instead of beams. I end up doing more damage with the Cannon setup anyway, so it's all good.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2010, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Monsoon
Directed Energy Modulation is what you're referring to. I use it all the time when I see someone pop RSP. Aceton Field will also cause damage without hitting the shields. If you can get both of those running along with Feedback Pulse, most targets will die fast, especially if they use beams.

Overuse of Feedback Pulse is actually why I run Turrets+Cannons on my Vor'cha instead of beams. I end up doing more damage with the Cannon setup anyway, so it's all good.
Feedback pulse is a bit too efficient.

Turrets have 360grade arc so its nice and can mount on cruisers.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
1 dual beam bank is a must on BOP
The well timed Beam Overload just before you have to cloak anyway. Makes your team mate able to finish off the target without your added DPS pretty easy, so they can cloak too and we can all regroup.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2010, 07:29 AM
I like how feedback pulse is better at being a transphasic torpedo than actual transphasics.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpendableCrewman View Post
Actually have you tried running beams on bop? Use 3 sci teams to cycle thru and fly straight fore w/ cannons and broadside with beams while turning.. <hint the 3 sciteams make you able to replace eng consoles with eps so u dont have power troubles and you no longer need hull or shld buff consoles with the 3 sci teams cycling with an rsp or two thrown in>
I am confused how will 3 Science Teams help? They are all on the same cooldown with the other teams (Tactical and Engineering) so ti would be more viable to just have one and press it 3 times... Or would it?

Or are you talking about Science Team III?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK0 View Post
I am confused how will 3 Science Teams help? They are all on the same cooldown with the other teams (Tactical and Engineering) so ti would be more viable to just have one and press it 3 times... Or would it?

Or are you talking about Science Team III?
Each tier of Science team has a greater affect, but the reason you might take more than one is because of the cool down. Essentially by having two of them you can hit the second one in about half the time it takes to wait for the irst to completely cool down.

Many of the powers are like that.

There is the main cooldown when you use a power and then there is a seconary cooldown which is much shorter for powers that share the same system.

Some work much better than others due to the total time in cooldown.

Two Rapid Fires for instance can be done with only a 5 second lapse between the two. whereas a single Rapid Fire could only be used once every 30 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
It only works on beams. If you're running beams in a BoP.........well why the hell are you running beams in a BoP?
I rolled up an alt Tactical and found that my end DPS is actually higher with beams on a BoP than with cannons. T2 BoP with two dual bank disruptors on the front with a q torp and a Dis turret on the back will have me averaging 150k-175k in Cracked planet. With cannons one almost needs to park it to truely make it effective to aim, where beams, once they are locked, you just have to point the nose in their general direction and can concentrate on flying and BO skills. It just feels like things are happening slower and less chaotic than with the cannon build, so much so that I can actually take the time to check my six and make some tactical/support heals etc. FBP in the higher tiers is gonna hurt (if Cryptic does not fiddle with it before then), but I do have some ideas on how to decrease it somewhat. Only drawback I have noted is that power literally sucks, with power drops equaling loaded out Tetryon cannons on a T4 BoP in an alpha strike with all the bells and whistles activated.