Lt. Commander
# 11
02-23-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBob
I don't see how it is Cryptic's fault. And I don't blame them. People are annoying.
IMO it's kind of a known issue in MMOs so you would think some kind of solution would have been developed a long time ago, similar to the ignore option.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-23-2010, 08:37 AM
If a solution had been developed then it would have been implemented already.

It's not like Cryptic are reading this topic and thinking "Oh, they want us to stop the gold spammers! Ok just let me hit the switch to do that".

The very fact that this is a known issue in multiple MMOs should be enough to tell you that it's not trivial to stop.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-23-2010, 10:17 AM
I think that if game developers really wanted to stop gold sellers then they would have gone down the legal route by now.

It is probably on their "to-do list" but I don't think it's as high as some of us would want it to be. It is not ruiining my game but it is making it a less fun place to be.

I'd rather they actually wen't to the route of the problem and even if it's difficult, I'm sure it's still possible for them to persue them legally. Attack the websites and not the individual accounts in the game.

No place to buy it = no sellers
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-23-2010, 10:20 AM
There should be a filter where if you spam something repeatedly within 5-40 sec, your reply in chat will be automatically filtered into something like this *****spamming*****. That's what happens in POTCO and it helps a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-27-2010, 02:45 AM
For some people wondering why are there gold farmer selling wow gold on star trek it's because china government general administration of press and publication has placed a ban on for any one to play wow in china. As you can see since china was about 4million subs on wow most of the gold farmers ran off to other mmos to make money so which why you can see an endless supply of gold farmers on star trek.

In shorter terms blame china's government for making this game crappier and for once not having to blame the game's devs