Lt. Commander
# 21
02-27-2010, 04:54 AM
If you're using plasma torpedoes and you're not at close range, you are wasting your time anyway, even if they do fire. They are too slow to be used interchangeably with say, photons or quantums. Some may actually have a technical issue, but I still think it's possible that some of you are getting your torpedoes shot down without realizing. Even an explosion near a plasma torpedo in-transit will destroy it before it damages anything.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-27-2010, 04:56 AM
This seems to happen to me as well under certain circumstances. When I have HY running, it will seem like it fires when i try to maneuver in for a fast shot and return to my broadside (cruiser). It does not reset the skill timer, what it seems to do is give the 3 seconds shared cool down for torpedoes, even though no other one fired. When maneuvering a slow cruiser to trying and get off that quick torpedo shot, 3 seconds is an eternity.

This does seem to be lag based.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-27-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandymanCD View Post
This seems to happen to me as well under certain circumstances. When I have HY running, it will seem like it fires when i try to maneuver in for a fast shot and return to my broadside (cruiser). It does not reset the skill timer, what it seems to do is give the 3 seconds shared cool down for torpedoes, even though no other one fired. When maneuvering a slow cruiser to trying and get off that quick torpedo shot, 3 seconds is an eternity.

This does seem to be lag based.
Ive also noticed that sometimes the damage registers as the torp leaves the launcher and sometimes when it impacts, so you may be correct that it is a lag issue of some kind