Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-27-2010, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savnoka
Please stop being illogical and using chop-logic to try to make some kind of point.

Situation 1: You find a great game. You buy it for $40. You love it. Two weeks later , they drop the price to $30. Someone else gets and they love it.You were happy paying $40 for it, so no loss. In that instance your argument is correct.

Situation 2: You play pre-order STO at $80 collectors. You play through buggy headstart and all your free days get blown when the servers are down half the time, no content, and can't get most of your enjoyment out of the game. Just as your free time is about to run out, after you've put up with all this mess and are already unhappy but are sticking it out because you hope things will get better, they announce they are pushing back new content for God knows how long and now people can buy the game for less and get 60 days free. So, you paid extra for something you were not satisfied with , got negative value from, and now people are getting it for free. In that context your argument makes you sound mentally impaired.

People do *NOT* feel they are getting their money's worth , and were willing to pay and wait to see if it would improve, but now are being told "just pay and wait, while we try to drum up more business by giving it away for free."

What guarantee do you have that they won't sell all the "preorder" or "unique" stuff on the C-store in the future, completely invaldating any "bonus" you have?

There is a line between saying "complain with respect" and "total denial of reality".
some very good points made here. I have been wondering when of if they are going to do this with the pre-order bonuses in the c-store. While on one hand there are some of those bonuses i would really like to have. On the other hand I would be pretty upset to find out that none of the crap i had to put up with was even worth it. I am pretty certain if this happens with the bonues and the c-store with out giving something to those who actually pre-ordered, will just cause all the more people to leave.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-27-2010, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilosoldier
Very classy OP, and well said.
thanks, im glad I was found to be classy at least once in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenullity View Post
I did not get my money's worth.
you, me, and many, many others didnt. Who know maybe, just maybe, something will click over at Cryptic/Atari and someone will see the light and make the needed changes to stop everyone from feeling like this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-27-2010, 02:07 AM
Honestly, the folks who complain constantly that this game isn't worth the money may well be the ones responsable for this fiasco. given the price slash and the recent questionarre one suspects they where giveing those people's words weight
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglis View Post
some very good points made here. I have been wondering when of if they are going to do this with the pre-order bonuses in the c-store. While on one hand there are some of those bonuses i would really like to have. On the other hand I would be pretty upset to find out that none of the crap i had to put up with was even worth it. I am pretty certain if this happens with the bonues and the c-store with out giving something to those who actually pre-ordered, will just cause all the more people to leave.
I'm in two minds about some of these pre-order items as we're dealing with iconic Trek items in some cases which in my heart I believe should be available to all at some point down the line, but I understand the sentiment that people want them to be unique to their pre-orders.

If this free extra days etc offer appeared in 6 months time, would as many people be upset? Timing is crucial imho.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-27-2010, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw
Well said and i agree 100% with your post.
Same. I will not be purchasing a product from Cryptic or Atari again. And at this point, having already canceled my account, don't care if they give us the extra time because I can't see myself wanting to log into STO ever again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-27-2010, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inq1984 View Post
Same. I will not be purchasing a product from Cryptic or Atari again. And at this point, having already canceled my account, don't care if they give us the extra time because I can't see myself wanting to log into STO ever again.
Eh, Champions Online is HILARIOUS. You should check it out even if you need to see a friend play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-27-2010, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savnoka
Eh, Champions Online is HILARIOUS. You should check it out even if you need to see a friend play.
Wow.



....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-27-2010, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
Honestly, the folks who complain constantly that this game isn't worth the money may well be the ones responsable for this fiasco. given the price slash and the recent questionarre one suspects they where giveing those people's words weight
You could possibly be 100% correct on this. Yet if this is the case all they are doing with this marketing is adding fuel to an already dangerously out of control fire. All people really want it to feel they have been treated fairly and that they got their money's worth of a service or product. Currently the loudest group is the one that thinks it hasnt been treated fairly, or recieved their moneys worth. At this point there is really much if anything Cryptic/Atari can do to change its serverly tarnished reputation with the gaming community. So far ever decision they have made has only made things worse, or at the very least made those that are unhappy louder in voicing their opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTuxia View Post
I'm in two minds about some of these pre-order items as we're dealing with iconic Trek items in some cases which in my heart I believe should be available to all at some point down the line, but I understand the sentiment that people want them to be unique to their pre-orders.

If this free extra days etc offer appeared in 6 months time, would as many people be upset? Timing is crucial imho.
I personally got the Enterprise as my bonus, and im certain everyone who is a fav of TOS wants this ship. Yet I personally feel that if its made available to everyone it make my pre-order bonus wasted. Now if they decided to offer the Enterprise to every one and said to all those who did get it as a pre-order bonus, "here we will give you this bonus ie the tribble, red matter item, etc...etc. As a replacement then no harm done. Just how i see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inq1984 View Post
Same. I will not be purchasing a product from Cryptic or Atari again. And at this point, having already canceled my account, don't care if they give us the extra time because I can't see myself wanting to log into STO ever again.
While i would love to agree with you on never again getting a product from Cryptic or Atari. I believe given time and the proper guidance they can turn things around for themselves. Not anytime in the near future as they have alot of things to overcome to fix their reputation. Some day though I can see them making something worth getting again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-27-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savnoka
There is a line between saying "complain with respect" and "total denial of reality".
I love it when you apoligists stary talking about relity and how you think its realistic letting these guys screw you, like it, and pay them to do it. Well, youll have the whole server to yourself soon.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:00 AM.