Lt. Commander
# 21
02-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
You'll think I'm stupid, but have you tried turning your AA to 4x or lower? It fixed my shadow issues.
Mine's set for 4X and still does it on ATI Radeon 5870. This problem and the Dynamic Lighting crashes have been around long enough for Cryptic to know about it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Mine's set for 4X and still does it on ATI Radeon 5870. This problem and the Dynamic Lighting crashes have been around long enough for Cryptic to know about it.
Ah well, was worth a try. I had dynamic lighting crashes too, an update from Nvidia fixed it for me. I wouldn't really blame Cryptic for either of those issues. /shrug (And yes I hate ATi with a passion, I always had driver issues with them ever since they joined with AMD, good cards, bad, bad drivers) :p

Something else to try would be to update DirectX by running the redistributable from microsoft. I usually do that about once a month.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This one might be more up to date.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Ensign
# 23
05-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Also having this problem, GeForce GTX 660, 314.22 drivers

Have everything cranked up all the way except shadows to low because of this issue. With shadows on medium or high, a ship with MACO shields flickers horribly.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-06-2013, 11:09 PM
I've been getting flickering shadows since this game was in beta. Several hardware/computer/parts upgrades and changes later, the flickering shadows are still there. It's definitely a problem with the game.
Career Officer
# 25
05-08-2013, 11:55 AM
The whole joke is that despite upgrading to a top of the range system with a 3GB GPU I'm still getting these issues. It's funny because out of all my games, this is the only one I have problems with and out of all my games this is the 1 game that runs the coolest on my GPU compared to the rest, all the other games push my GPU harder yet run flawlessly lol. It needs to be fixed.

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."