Lt. Commander
# 1 Free Camera disabling in Space
02-26-2010, 01:09 PM
has anyone else had ther camera type constantly resetting to "Follow Target" while in space?

When this happens you simple can NOT set it back to "free camera". This fascist camera is starting to really **** me off because I have this thing when games try to make me look at things I don't want to look at or tries to interpret my input in a ANY way other than what it was told to do.

CRYPTIC! FOR THE LOVE OF BOB! STOP TRYING TO HELP ME PLAY THE GAME!

If I wanted to look at the ship I was targeting, I would have rotated my camera. When I feel like I need to focus constantly on my target I'll look at it myself or turn the feature on when I deem it necessary.

Also fix movement when targeting something on the ground, seriously, why do you have to go all strafing and stuff? But that's for another rant.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 02:45 PM
I AGREE!!!

I've been asking for them to add a "Follow Avatar/Ship" option since closed beta. I never get any Dev response.

I would really like a dev to answer if they are ever going to fix the camera. I'm getting tired of resetting my camera in space, and not being able to target something because I"m still looking in the wrong place.

Can one of you dev's take 2 minutes out of your schedule to let us know if you are going to be doing anything about these camera issues.....But since I've been asking about this for so long with no response I really don't expect one here either.

Just because I already paid for my subscription doesn't mean I should be ignored.

Thanks for letting me rant a little .....
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 05:08 PM
It's funny because from what I heard, CO has AMAZING customization options for their UI. If we could have what they have we'd be set. I'm gonna try the demo for CO next month just to see what it's like (I'm not abandoning STO, don't worry) so I'll be more informed soon.

But suffice to say, just give us the same options as from CO and most people will be happier.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Chase Camera
02-26-2010, 05:45 PM
There are many threads on this and other chase cam issues The largest 1 is Camara Follow (forgive the spelling).

So far the Devs have said nothing about what is one of the most annoying and frustrating things that could be fixed in an instant.

What I hate the most is that on 'follow target' the ship doesn't point directly at the target it goes nose down and makes cannons almost useless without bobbing up and down with the pitch up key.

I cancelled my subscription because of the crappy cameras ground and space. I really like the game other than that and will gladly pay my monthly subscription once they fix this and give us the option of having a real free camera, chase cam and chase/follow/free usability.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 11:48 PM
This is a really irritating bug. I've filed a couple of reports on it in game, so I hope it's on the RADAR.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Follow Target won't stay on
02-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Apparently, my problem is the opposite of yours. I hate it when the Follow Target option randomly turns off (back to free cam) in the middle of a space battle. Also, my tab key refuses to toggle to the next hostile when I've got 3 or 4 bad guys pummeling me at the same time. So I spend critical seconds flailing around with my camera, and then trying to find the right pixel to click on that will let me target an enemy. I've gotten blown up doing that.

I really like the game, but the space combat portion is damned frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricLion
Apparently, my problem is the opposite of yours. I hate it when the Follow Target option randomly turns off (back to free cam) in the middle of a space battle. Also, my tab key refuses to toggle to the next hostile when I've got 3 or 4 bad guys pummeling me at the same time. So I spend critical seconds flailing around with my camera, and then trying to find the right pixel to click on that will let me target an enemy. I've gotten blown up doing that.

I really like the game, but the space combat portion is damned frustrating.
Try enabling the option called something lime "Tab selects off screen enemies".

For now, at least you might have a work around. Hope that helps.