Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Okay, lets start off with my mystery patch. About three days ago - before the latest patch - my game was patched. I was surprised, because there were no patch notes for that patch (every time the game patches, I read the notes, so I'm positive it wasn't the most recent patch or the patch before that).

It started off simple. I'd login, select my character, and I'd get stuck on the "Retrieving list of maps" screen. I thought "Hey, new game, they're still sorting things out, probably a server issue". I close down, wait a few minutes, try again, things usually worked. Eventually however this problem becomes more and more common.

One day I login to find that my ship won't move - except for turning. It sit, and I sit, and I sit. As my ship rotates, I notice that other ships are apparently unable to move either. Occassionally one or two players fly by, so I figure its not something crippling everyone. I'm playing late, maintenance is coming soon, I decide its another server thing. I play again, again I can't move. After a while I suddenly have the capacity to go to impluse, so I do. I look around to see other players still stuck, but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I realize my impulse slider no longer affects my speed. Zero? 100? No change. I try to beam down to Qo'Nos. The dialouge box won't register my hits, nor will it close. I fly, I fly, and suddenly I skip back to where I originally ones. This process repeats itself. I can no longer play without getting stuck on one of these steps. I tried submitting a bug report only to get told the server timed out. Obviously its a connectivity issue - can I get a little help?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 09:22 PM
I ran the connectivity test - even that didn't run right. Sometimes it would get through, sometimes it wouldn't, but it wouldn't eventually hang on one test rather then say server timeout. I don't know much about this sort of thing, whats the issue? I have highspeed internet, everything else is working fine...I don't know what the issue is.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2010, 08:52 PM
It played fine for most of today but started to give out at around the same time I started having problems yesterday....
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Have your tried playing around with the firewall settings? And the fact that it happens around the same time makes me suspect maybe its your ISP, or possible the router limiting your connection. I know little to nothing about router settings, so I won't even go there. xD