Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP - Group Commands
02-28-2010, 12:43 AM
While in another thread of someone mentioning not wanting the Voice Chat for STO, I remembered something back from the old X-Wing games. Why not add Group Assignment Commands like we could with our NPC Wingmen?

"Attack my Target"
"Defend my Target"

For instance, Klingons approach a Fed Ball and the leader assigns the Primary, Secondary, and maybe even Tertiary Targets. And to go along with these assignments are UI Icons that distinguish them. After all, it's not far off from other MMOS that have virtually the same thing.

It would be a good alternatives to those who use Voice Chat. Even helps cross language barriers as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2010, 01:34 AM
You can always assign a main assist. Select the MA, fire* and it will attack their target.

*If you are scrambled and don't have sci team up, make sure to select the MA's target, instead of shooting the MA.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
While in another thread of someone mentioning not wanting the Voice Chat for STO, I remembered something back from the old X-Wing games. Why not add Group Assignment Commands like we could with our NPC Wingmen?

"Attack my Target"
"Defend my Target"

For instance, Klingons approach a Fed Ball and the leader assigns the Primary, Secondary, and maybe even Tertiary Targets. And to go along with these assignments are UI Icons that distinguish them. After all, it's not far off from other MMOS that have virtually the same thing.

It would be a good alternatives to those who use Voice Chat. Even helps cross language barriers as well.
Why not write them yourself?

/bind Y team Attack $target
/bind U team Defend $target

if you dont need the F1-F4 keys to target team mates; considering you can just click their portrait on the left; why not have :

/bind F1 team Primary is $target
/bind F2 team Secondary is $target
/bind F3 team Tertiary is $target
/bind F4 team Opportunity Target is $target

... ?

All these things would just do /team blah blah and insert the target name instead of the $target token.

And these are only basic binds; there are much more complex one possible; you can create aliases, through binds; which will create binds themselves (juggling with input parameters for example, you could just have a way to store a target with one key; and recall it with another... using complex alias/bind combos)

As for the rest; most of the interface is usable by script... want to push your evasive manoeuver button that sits on your tray bar? Button 8 on first bar? just /bind G "team Engaging Evasive Manoeuvers! $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 9 $$ local WOOOOOOSH"

But sure; no fancy icons... but people already have names above their heads anyway... If it's too hard to remember 5 different names.