Lt. Commander
# 61
02-26-2010, 10:32 AM
i think peopel were missing the points only 1 ship is bugged rest is balanced ...... thats what im saying but due to the ship that is bugged its not balanaced :p
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivaris View Post
some 1 posted a link in the other topic seems the dev dont see it as a exploit but say its working as intended.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ke/Carrier.jpg
That's just evidence of incompetence, nothing more.

The fact that you can have multiples of deployables is equally broken.
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Regarding an in-game ticket confirming 'everything is working'...

I have two officers stuck in my Fleet Bank. I put them there long before a patch was made to remove this possibility. Now I cannot remove them no matter what I do. I filed a ticket about it, and the Customer Support response I got was: 'everything is working', exactly the same as that screenshot.

Was everything actually working? No.

I made a new ticket, and GM Destra responded saying to keep the ticket open.

What does this have to do with the topic? A screenshot of a ticket is in no way proof or even evidence that a mechanic is 'working'.
Lt. Commander
# 64 PvP
02-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Yes Klingons are a little over powered in the PvP zones though my kills are Scattered I enjoy the PvP.
But still i think carriers need cooldowns on secondary spawns,which makes atrgeting difficult.Plus crew bonuses are rediculous IE My Fed Ship max crew is 200.Which makes heals short and uncomparable to a klingon Warship.The game is young and im sure that lots of nerfs and editing are to come
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigis
Very nice guide, however, Klingons are a bit (being nice here) overpowered. I regularly PvP and 15-20% of the time the Feds are defeated 15 to 0. I have never seen the Feds win with that score. I don't play Klingon so I won't scream nerf this or nerf that but there are certainly balance issues.
Hi there, unless you can point to a specific mechanic or set of mechanics that both sides can confirm is causing a consistent win:loss ratio, I simply don't see enough information or evidence here to confirm any imbalance.

Furthermore, if you say that 15-20% of the time one result (loss) is generated, this means that 80-85% of the time another result (win?) is being generated. That doesn't sound imbalanced, or at least not imbalanced in Klingon favour. Consider that there could be 15-20% out of the 80-85% generating 15-0 wins for Fed.

Simply because you haven't seen 15-0 (Fed win) doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I have been in 15-0 wins (5v5, even teams) while on a PUG.

I do recommend you play more (consider that Klingons play PVP -all- the time, and Feds only play PVP -some- of the time), and preferably form a premade team and plan your group dynamics before battle. Then come back and let us know.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-28-2010, 05:15 AM
ok then explain this :p kligons who play pvp more should be better correct ? then why do all of them sit in prity much 1 ship the carrior , nowerdays there is in a game with 10 klingons there 5-8 carriors wile if u compair to fed we have a mix are u telling me it is coinsidence that all the klingons are getting in carriors ???? bully **** it is the ship is better it is an over powered ship and klingons are just jumping on the band waggen and trying to stop it being even . i do not say all klingons do it , there are some skilled players, but the majorty are are just players who have a vague idea how to pvp taking the easy options dropping about 1000 ships and letting them do the work for u ................... grow some balls u have cloak for god sake use that and stop using carriors ............ no spelling corections beacuse there is now 2 many ******* posting in this thread dragging it down ,
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-28-2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincampi View Post
ok that's my feedback moment about pvp zones...or must i say..."Free suicide zones?"
Some of you maybe are laughing of it but that's the reality...the klingons are stronger after every new patch...and try to survive during a pvp session is for me simply an utopia.
as you understood i play as federation faction, my character is a joined trill engineer with an exploration cruiser and i have every known and existing buff for the hull resistance, but i resist in combat no more then 30 seconds (maybe too much, probably 15 seconds) and in this 15 seconds used all to spam every skill i have to try (without results) to resist to klingon attacks i must fire at everything i have around me without a sense cause i have no time to think, i must simply fire fire fire making so few damage cause i'm not the DPS in the game...it's rare that i can kill some klingon, i can do it only if i fire the final attack that make the enemy ship to explode...
must i list the skills i have? brace for impact 3, emergency power to shields 1, axuiliary to structural 1 feedback pulse 1, aceton field 3, engineering team 1 & 2, emergency power to weapons 3, yes i know it's not much but even if i had emergency power to shields 3 the situation would not change i'm sure of it...the cruisers actually in the game are not "tanking" they are simply something big as a cetaceus that makes hard to turn around and when explode makes a big boom...simply...maybe they are great in pve combat, but during pvp actually, cruisers sucks! at least federation ones...
Remember that the amount of difference leveling makes can not be understated. Make sure you are comparing someone that is an equal levle to you.

After trying fed for a bit against my will I got sucked into one of those dumb deep space battles. The mobs were 10 levels higher than me and I got popped time after time. So trying to fight someone 7 or 8 levels higher in pvp is not going to end well.

Dont listen to noobs who tell you to only pvp in pre made groups. 'Then you can always win!!' Pre made teams are for rubbish players who cant stand on their own two feet.