Lt. Commander
i have it skilled to 9, should have a 60 second cooldown, but still has 1m 40?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 06:16 AM
I put an additional ~3-4 points into it yesterday and I saw it go from 1m 25s to 1m 30s to 1m 35s to 1m 30s. I figured it was just a display bug, I haven't actually looked at it to see what the actual recast was on it though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyh
I put an additional ~3-4 points into it yesterday and I saw it go from 1m 25s to 1m 30s to 1m 35s to 1m 30s. I figured it was just a display bug, I haven't actually looked at it to see what the actual recast was on it though.
There are two cool-downs. One is the Sensor Probes system cool-down which is 20 seconds on my character with almost maxed skills and lots of bonuses from consoles/deflector. If you fire off SS then you have to wait 20 seconds to fire off another SS or a Viral Matrix. The other cool-down is the SS cool-down that prevents you from casting the spell again for 1m 25s (as you mentioned). Of course this time can get shorter depending on your skills/bonuses. I'm not sure what the limits are.

Finally there is the actual duration of the AoE Confuse. The starting point is 12s. I've found that adding +20 to skills adds one second to the duration, so you have to dump a TON of points to get very much time out of it. Considering how potent a skill it is, then it may be worth it... just depends what you're fighting and who you're fighting with. It makes a nice skill if you're soloing packs, but it's hard to always nail every MOP with it, due to its 3km radius.

-13 of 37-