Lt. Commander
# 31
02-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoojo
The amount of time that some people spend on a forum for a MMO that they hate. Spew self-deluding lies like they are here for the game, and to make it better. The drama and self-importance accompanying every MMO release is hilarious, "My pet feature isn't implemented, you suck dev" or "How dare you blah blah blah".

But what it all comes down to is the complete lack of perspective. Because it's a MMO, some people feel like they are entitled to some sort of life commitment partner that will keep them entertain indefinitely. Many of these people plan on playing 30-50 hours a week, then go nuts once the dream is shattered that the MMO will not fulfill this, "I had such high hopes for this game. blah blah blah". Many go on to rant over running out of content after playing 60+ hours. Which is always quite good when compared to a single player game's play time.

It has a subscription fee for continued play, but here is the tricky part many do not seem to understand, you don't have to pay it if you do not like it. You don't like the game. You can quit playing. No game guarantees that you will like it. That's why reviews are around. If you didn't wait for reviews, then I guess it's live and learn time. It's a game. Hate playing the game, then move on. Simple matter really.

The lengths that people go to justify their childish behavior, and their complete lack of perspective on MMOs, always amazes me. Grow up and move along with your life.
I think you fail to see that these forums are more fun then the game for many, including me.

And this weeks disaster is like a carnival, with tons of free popcorn!
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
The amount of time that some people spend on a forum for a MMO that they hate. Spew self-deluding lies like they are here for the game, and to make it better. The drama and self-importance accompanying every MMO release is hilarious, "My pet feature isn't implemented, you suck dev" or "How dare you blah blah blah".

But what it all comes down to is the complete lack of perspective. Because it's a MMO, some people feel like they are entitled to some sort of life commitment partner that will keep them entertain indefinitely. Many of these people plan on playing 30-50 hours a week, then go nuts once the dream is shattered that the MMO will not fulfill this, "I had such high hopes for this game. blah blah blah". Many go on to rant over running out of content after playing 60+ hours. Which is always quite good when compared to a single player game's play time.

It has a subscription fee for continued play, but here is the tricky part many do not seem to understand, you don't have to pay it if you do not like it. You don't like the game. You can quit playing. No game guarantees that you will like it. That's why reviews are around. If you didn't wait for reviews, then I guess it's live and learn time. It's a game. Hate playing the game, then move on. Simple matter really.

The lengths that people go to justify their childish behavior, and their complete lack of perspective on MMOs, always amazes me. Grow up and move along with your life.
Completely agree. It is funny to see them all getting so upset on here though.

Quote:
It's only inflammatory to those that feel that it's about them.
Truth.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
I speak as those from Maine do... most non Down easterners cant understand me lol

Propane and propane accessories I tell you what...
Holy crap, you are almost Canadian
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:

I'd suggest you take a good hard look in the mirror, and then take your own advice.

Somehow I feel I would be flamed for it and the irony would be lost on you given your posting history. Your insults to others you disagree with have been noted. See my sig for the rest.

This thread is flamebait and against the TOS.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoyedtheshows
I think you fail to see that these forums are more fun then the game for many, including me.

And this weeks disaster is like a carnival, with tons of free popcorn!

I think some people forget that many of us have been on forums and bulletin boards since the 80's. Idiot baiting is an art and an enjoyable pastime
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStreaker
I'd suggest you take a good hard look in the mirror, and then take your own advice.

Somehow I feel I would be flamed for it and the irony would be lost on you given your posting history. Your insults to others you disagree with have been noted. See my sig for the rest.

you used to wind me right up. I don't know what happened. But you are OK now
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
you used to wind me right up. I don't know what happened. But you are OK now
They sent him to a reeducation camp. At least that is what he implied.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStreaker

This thread is flamebait and against the TOS.
Seems like the OP touched a nerve
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
Whoa!! what are YOU doing back?
I've been stopping by from time to time when I'm eating or gathering resources in Darkfall semi-afk. These forums are more entertaining than TV.