Lt. Commander
I pre-ordered 2 copies of STO from GameStop but then had to go out of town for several weeks (work). Not wanting to miss out on the beta and head-start fun I purched the DDE while I was away. When I got back home, I went to GameStop to pick up the 2 copies of the game that I'd already paid for. (In case you're wondering, 1 is for my wife and 1 will be a birthday present for a friend.) Anyway - they had the games waiting for me... but no pre-order keys. Given that I pre-ordered (and pre-paid) at GameStop in order to get the pre-order bonuses, this kinda ****es me off.

Can anyone tell me if the pre-order bonuses are tied to the pre-order key or the retail key in the boxes I have. If I don't need the pre-order key to get the bonuses, that's fine. If I do need the pre-order key to get the bonuses, I need to start ripping GameStop a new one for not giving me what I paid for.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,

- SC
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2010, 02:34 PM
The "pre-order" bonus was really only access to the "head-start" part of the game. This is LONG over, so you're not missing anything. Everything else that you get as a special item should come from entering your product key.